WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1781 - 1800 of 5050 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
I told you guys that it was a small bug...
I just got another e-mail from suunto:
Service Announcement - September 9th, 2016

SPORTS WATCHES PREMIUM WATCHES DIVE PRODUCTS COMPASSES ACCESSORIES
Read more
DEAR SUUNTO SPARTAN OWNER,
Apologies for sending this message to you twice. In the previous email we had mistakenly written that the software update was released in August. The correct release date was yesterday, September 8th. The latest release brings improvements to general stability and watch synchronization with mobile devices, as well as fixes to known issues, particularly related to navigation and swimming sport modes. You can install the update via Suuntolink.
The following update, scheduled for the end of September, will bring the possibility to edit sport mode settings, Android compatibility, peer-to-peer coaching on Movescount.com, community training insights and more to the solution. Many of you have asked for the fully customisable sport modes. They will not be in the second September update, but we are working hard to release them soon.

To learn more about the updates visit suunto.com/spartangetsstronger. This page includes information on the latest software version and the key features associated with it.

Have a great weekend!

Best regards,

Your Suunto Team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
404 Posts
New Bluetooth firmware is an improvement for me. Powermeter and foot pod data look pristine. Also, no issues syncing through the iPhone app. I did the update like this: unpair everything on the watch manually, perform a 12-sec reset, plug to PC and do firmware update, perform another 12-sec reset, pair everything again. I also unpaired and repaired the watch ton the iPhone app after the update. Worked like a charm. I have had to do that before for other brands/models so it was sort of repeating a procedure I sometimes do. I'm not by any means suggesting any of the unpairing/resetting was necessary.

·
Registered
143 Posts
New Bluetooth firmware is an improvement for me. Powermeter and foot pod data look pristine. Also, no issues syncing through the iPhone app. I did the update like this: unpair everything on the watch, 12-sec reset, update, 12-sec reset, pair everything again. Worked like a charm.

I kept all the sensors paired, but during the update, suuntolink requested a reset of the watch.
I did the 12s reset but without disconnecting the cable and than the update went through without problems.
Sensors remained paired after update.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Updated the firmware, swimming data still has an odd deduction at the end of the move, interestingly on movescount it did show different styles for some laps (though it was totally wrong) so something is obviously in the works there, also the calorie and recovery values were very different from previous swim. Going back from options to start screen was definitely working now though.

I've had previously no problem syncing to my iphone, apart from after the update when I had my first failed sync and it seems to take even longer to sync.

Recording and keeping declination is still an issue it seems, given that the setup asks for location down to a nearest major city you think a simple table linked to that for declination would be close enough for most cases or at least to use as a default until a specific value is entered.

Battery usage overnight was 1% so at least that is ok, but it does seem longer to wakeup/unlock than before.

Struggling to see much improvement, right now making spartan stronger may not be the most appropriate tag line

·
Registered
728 Posts
Definitely something not right, you would think that there's some smoothing of obvious outliers, image not linked, but there were a number of spikes with stroke at over 500/min

·
Registered
552 Posts
I get the following message in Movescount - Movescount and device settings out of sync. It shows software as 0.0.0.

Can anyone help with why this is? I've synced with the app on iPhone. Not sure what it means?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Updated the firmware, swimming data still has an odd deduction at the end of the move, interestingly on movescount it did show different styles for some laps (though it was totally wrong) so something is obviously in the works there, also the calorie and recovery values were very different from previous swim. Going back from options to start screen was definitely working now though.

I've had previously no problem syncing to my iphone, apart from after the update when I had my first failed sync and it seems to take even longer to sync.

Recording and keeping declination is still an issue it seems, given that the setup asks for location down to a nearest major city you think a simple table linked to that for declination would be close enough for most cases or at least to use as a default until a specific value is entered.

Battery usage overnight was 1% so at least that is ok, but it does seem longer to wakeup/unlock than before.

Struggling to see much improvement, right now making spartan stronger may not be the most appropriate tag line
My swimming workouts are not being uploaded to movescount with new firmware... At least my last one. Did your use the mobile app to sync yours or the USB cable? If USB, are you PC or Mac user?

deporteporvida.com

·
Registered
728 Posts
Answering a call was obvious, just tap the screen, just been playing around to see how to dismiss as there's no obvious indication on the watch; turns out dismissing a call from the watch is done using a downward swipe, touch only buttons don't seem to do anything.

Suunto is of interest to only a section of the watch/wearable market in terms of price and functions, some people will not justify it unless they can also use it day to day not just as something they put on to exercise, and unfortunately these days that at least means notifications and some phone integration. Might not seem like a core area, but given competitors are offering this they can't avoid it (after all why did they add a touch screen), at the moment there's not even music control which is basic functionality and the notifications system is sparse to say the least.

I've turned off toggle for the backlight which I liked as a function as I found that with the phone locked a notification would appear and there was no way to turn on the light without waking up the touchscreen with a button push which then seemed to lose the notification (and once gone they are gone, no history)

Phone integration can work 2 ways though as Suunto could dump the day to day activity data back into the phone (apple health app) rather than have it in movescount, e.g. Peeble has an option to do this or just use the Peeble app

·
Registered
143 Posts
My will not sync with the new update on the iPhone... Did everything pair, unpair, etc gets stuck in the first move... Skills...
Mine is working well with the iPhone 6 and the new firmware! Btw...did nothing after the firmware update and the sync was flawless!
Today I did training sessions with the bike and open water swim and both synced perfect through the mobile.
Although I must say that the gps route in swimming was much rougher than before....! But the water conditions were also rougher....so lets see! Tomorrow I will swim again at the same location...!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Mobile app, but it failed to sync at first and I had a error message, but then when I closed the app and reopened it and tried again it worked, though it was slow

·
Registered
552 Posts
I've noticed the slowness on screen changes since the update, I now have a sticking pixel on the screen, it remains white when text has moved across it and changes when I shift to a different screen. Pretty certain it didn't happen prior to update. Very strange!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Looking at the DC rainmaker site and in the comments under the Spartan article someone posted this reply they had from Suunto

“We would like to share some of the features that are scheduled to be release on the Suunto Spartan Ultra and Movescount. By the end of September, the new firmware should allow you to have the following.
– Sport mode customization
– Support for planned moves
– Alarm clock
– Possibility to store the feeling after the move
– Coaching tools in Movescount
– Community Training insights in Movescount
– Personal bests in Movescount
– Android app support

The next release in set sometime in the Q4 of 2016 which includes:
– Alti/Baro graphs in daily view
– Temperature in daily view
– Storm alarm
– Recovery test (sleep & quick)
– Running performance
– POI navigation
– Rest/Recovery/Active/Training/Race days
– Interval timer
– Mobile app sport mode editing
– Autopause
– SuuntoLink Windows 7 full support”

A bit more detailed than I've seen elsewhere, note the use of "should' in the first section though

·
Registered
10 Posts
My swimming workouts are not being uploaded to movescount with new firmware... At least my last one.?

deporteporvida.com
Sounds like my issue, last run workout not being uploaded - using USB cable and Windows 10 laptop. As mentioned earlier, this may just be a single occurrence since a test workout of several seconds that I tried later did sync OK.

Perhaps in some cases, the first workout after the firmware upgrade doesn't sync? Be interesting to see how your next one goes!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Sounds like my issue, last run workout not being uploaded - using USB cable and Windows 10 laptop. As mentioned earlier, this may just be a single occurrence since a test workout of several seconds that I tried later did sync OK.

Perhaps in some cases, the first workout after the firmware upgrade doesn't sync? Be interesting to see how your next one goes!
My first sync after the update failed, but when I retried it did sync the existing move that had failed, I tried creating a new route today and syncing and that was ok with no errors.
What I have noticed is that on entering the sync screen on the mobile app it initially shows the phone status is disconnected then changes to connected and starts syncing. Does the watch autosync if you leave it, so far I have always gone into the watch option within an hour or so of a move which initiates a sync

·
Registered
404 Posts
With the new firmware now the pool swim sport mode shows swolf score and average stroke rate in the summary for the move. And the AUTOMATIC INTERVALS FEATURE works perfectly. I have used another watch to time intervals and somehow the Spartan gets the start and the end of the intervals with incredible accuracy, timing intervals, say each of a 5 X 100 yd, just as if I was actually pressing buttons. I didn't press a single button on the Spartan during my entire workout (other than to start and end it). Within 10 seconds from stopping, the interval distance is reset to zero on the watch and you know then you are all set for the next one. So convenient I think I will never go back to getting a watch that does not have that function.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've fixed my upload problem. Although, I changed two things at once, so can't be entirely sure.

I'm using satellite internet access. I believe the latency (lag) associated with this may have been causing unreliable upload/download issues from Movescount. When I switched to 4G, everything updated correctly - the run workout that was missed before and the route I'd created on Movescount.

I'd also reinstalled Suuntolink, but I don't see why doing this would change anything. Anyhow, you live and learn :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
My watch is seeing a Suunto smart sensor heart rate monitor, i am trying to connect my Spartan to my Wattbike via Bluetooth and not getting anywhere. Has anyone managed to connect the watch to a Wattbike?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Update for battery usage with SW 1.1.30: Did a test last night: just laying my watch 12h on desk, 2% of battery usage in this time period.

1781 - 1800 of 5050 Posts