WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
i really wanted to change my x-black faceplate into the yello one..i miss my yellow positive face...but those faceplatesa are so darn expensive...so i just bought a g-shock dw6900 ms....like yours jeff...hehehe your my influence man...and my girl says i barely know the forum guys...i just happen to share the same passion with you guys hehehe :) its gonna be my 24/7 watch...my xblack for the weekends with the bike...;-)

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like that 6900 MS a lot. The ONLY draw back is that the display is pretty dark. But in the sun its GREAT... LOVE the IP coated buttons and buckle!

It is certainly STEALTHY!!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
jeff, whats the difference between a plain resin band and a matte finish one? compared to p.u.'s the resin gets really brittle in time thats the drawback on g's, that's why i dig the vector its on an sturdy abc plastic...

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not much difference I reckon. I guess the resin can break... We call it "Resin Rot" on the G Forum. :) A few years back I experienced it with an OLD 6900. I was stealthing the bezel and it cracked apart in my fingers.

But it takes a number of years. And Casio sells fresh bezels and straps pretty cheap. No idea the history on that 6900 as it was second hand. But I have never had Resin rot with one of my Gs. (that I have owned from the beginning). I have one G that is about 12 years old. No signs of Resin Rot at all. Probably a lot has to do with the environment.

·
Registered
936 Posts
i really wanted to change my x-black faceplate into the yello one..i miss my yellow positive face...but those faceplatesa are so darn expensive...;-)
So have you seen them for sale separately somewhere?

·
Registered
217 Posts
yes, i also had the same expereince with my gw series...changed it twice..i hope that the dw 6900 band and case is also available in matte finish :) still waiting it to arrive..came from florida..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts