WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at buying the Suunto Traverse watch. Just want to make sure there is an option to change the display from negative (ie, black) to positive (ie, white). Have read lots of posts that say a negative display is too hard to read and to stick to a positive display. If so, is the option to switch back & forth available with all four colors - ie, black, graphite, white & orange?

Also, I need the watch mostly for navigation, not fitness. I read a review that said the Traverse is basically an ABC watch that has a gps. Does this sound about right?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry, I responded before I read your other questions.
The software is identical on ask the models, so the option to switch displays is present in all of them.

I use my traverse alpha for hiking and canoeing, no sports. I would say it is probably exactly what you are looking for, unless you are expecting a map on your watch screen like Google earth. It will allow you to track a route you upload, or backtrack a route you just recorded but it won't show any topo features.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Erik. Didn't know there were watches that include access to Google maps and show top features. Which watches have that feature?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts