WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like Suunto is coming up with another variation of their Core line. They call it the ultimate Core, however the changes are only cosmetic, and the functions haven't been upgraded.

It would be nice if they included more alarms, and a HR function.

When will we ever see a Core version 2.0?

Reactions: catman911

·
Registered
165 Posts
We've been posting our Core upgrade wish lists here for a while now. I don't think Suunto believes any changes except case composition are needed. They are missing the point - the Core line needs to be updated with programming and functionality upgrades.

·
Registered
140 Posts
We've been posting our Core upgrade wish lists here for a while now. I don't think Suunto believes any changes except case composition are needed. They are missing the point - the Core line needs to be updated with programming and functionality upgrades.
That update was called "Ambit" in 2012...

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
That update was called "Ambit" in 2012...
Haha so true. I think this is the same with Casio - the only model that I know of that they upgraded the module was the MTG-M900 and GWM530.

·
Registered
308 Posts
with the Ambit, if you do NOT use the GPS (ABC watch right?) and remove it from your wrist while sleeping (let it rest on your nightstand while you sleep, it will sleep too and use minimal battery), you can squeeze almost 6-7 weeks without charging it ! charge it once every month while you sleep. For me, yes, it's an upgrade to having to change the battery of the core while in the field.

what's the longest time you spent without access to a USB port or wall outlet ?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have to admit that 6 to 7 weeks between charges sounds good. Having the GPS available would just be icing on the cake. I'm going to have to consider an Ambit after all...

·
Registered
114 Posts
And a bloody countdown timer that allows more than 99 minutes. How about a minimum of 24 hours?
Agreed. What customers want are software updates to the Core. We don't want exterior hardware changes to the case or entirely new models. That's why answers like "The Core update was the Ambit (or Traverse)" miss the point. We want the exact looks and display of the Core-the same Suunto Core line from 2008-with a simple software update.

1. A timer that's at least 12-24 hours. (This should take a keystroke to change. At most, a tiny bit of extra memory. Why they would limit the timer to 99 minutes is beyond me.)
2. Multiple daily alarms.
3. A backlight that turns on upon any button press but only *after* sunset.
4. And if you can fit it in the existing Core casing, a vibrating alarm.

·
Registered
114 Posts
If I could figure out how they interface with the module inside the watch I would, at minimum, backspace over "99 minutes" for the timer and type in "1440 minutes".

What were the designers thinking?

Jim: Bob, I'm thinking we give the Core a 24 hour timer. What do you think?
Bob: Nah, let's just give it an hour and a half. I've never needed to time anything longer than that.
Jim: Don't you think that's a little short for such a functional watch? Especially one that Navy SEAL Team 6 uses? They're placing an order for 200 of them.
Bob: Ok. You're right.
Bob: Give the timer 9 extra minutes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts