WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, asked a UK dealer about warranty on a core and if they'd take it back if it developed a fault, and they told me that suunto would cover the warranty and that I would deal with them. I guess that would mean sending it back to Finland in the event of a problem? I notice Suunto don't have a service centre in the UK. Cheers, Pat

·
Registered
493 Posts
Don't worry about it. Suunto CS is amongst the best.
You can request a service/repair online and DHL will pick the Suunto up from you at work or wherever, return it to Suunto Finland overnight, and you will have a factory repaired item DHL'd straight back to you. In my experience the whole thing only took about a week. Try to match that with taking something back to a shop, waiting for them to return it to the manufacturer, the manufacturer then repairing it, returning it to the dealer who has to contact you and you go and get it.
See what I mean :-!

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah ok!

Thanks! That sounds sweet! I am cheesed off with sending watches back to Germany for repair, so the thought of an overseas manufacturer making it easy for you is really top notch! cheers

My purchasing muscles feel more relaxed and ready for action now lol

·
Registered
94 Posts
Re: ah ok!

In regards to Suunto Warranty CS, has anyone had any experience returning a watch from an online dealer who is not included in the "certified" dealer list on the Suunto website. Did Suunto still honor the two year warranty?

Reason I ask is a few good buys I have run accross in the past were from online dealers who seller alot of Suuntos who do not appear on this list. Decided not to take the warranty chance because of this.

Anyone with experience with this?

·
Registered
493 Posts
My experience has been that as long as you register the watch on-line with Suunto when you get it there has been no problem.
I'll pm you about it

·
Registered
20 Posts
My experience has been that as long as you register the watch on-line with Suunto when you get it there has been no problem.
I'll pm you about it
Did the O/L registration. However, under the CORE selection, there was no YB so I chose light black.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Geoff,

Thanks for the pm reply and to taking the time to answer with such detail. That's the kind of thing that makes hanging out here worth while. ; ^ )

·
Registered
13,284 Posts
I've heard that Suunto don't offer an international warranty. Does it mean I'm buggered if I get a watch from the US and it breaks on me in Japan?

·
Registered
493 Posts
I've heard that Suunto don't offer an international warranty. Does it mean I'm buggered if I get a watch from the US and it breaks on me in Japan?
Hi
I've pm'd you the same info on my experience that I sent to Accuwrist. Hope it helps

·
Registered
9 Posts
GeoffD is right!

I own two Core (Light Black and Steel, the Steel one with a strap replacement from Europelli, a black Broadband Leather strap).

The Light Black is a replacement from the one I bought from a retailer. It had a display failure (a full row almost off after two weeks, more o less).

I filled the request for service (warranty) online, I got all the courier's shipment documents, I printed out and on a Monday morning I called the courier.

I mentioned that it was a Suunto service shipment and the operator knew about that service from Suunto and knew, better than me, the shipment address.

That Monday afternoon the courier picked my Core up at work. On Thursday after lunch I found an email message from the reception desk of my company telling me a package was waiting for me. What I found was a pretty new Core sent in replacement of the damaged one. Just three and a half days to travel to Finland (from Spain), check it and sen it back. Superb!

What a great customer service! With post-sale service like that doesn't bother to be an "early adopter".

Regards,

Mechever

1 - 10 of 10 Posts