WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone share me your SW200 (movement) ORIS Watch performance?? How much you loose or gain per day??

·
Registered
60,608 Posts
I have 3 of the things and I find them excellent. The one in my ProDiver Date has run continually since February time (it gets more than it's fair share of wrist time) and it's gained about a minute in that time.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
+10 seconds on a new aquis date. I am thinking of gettin it regulated.
10 seconds...hey that's not as bad as what I got for my wife Aquis date diamond...:-( On her watch it's like 14 seconds.....I have contacted both ORIS Australia and Watches of Switzerland (where I bought it from) to have it regulated. What upset me though is they always try to hide under the claim "Factory tolerance" from the ORIS manual that it should be around -5 to +20 seconds. In addition to that, they always claim... "Hey, it's a mechanical watch....it's not accurate (not even ROLEX)....or hey even my watch is also 14-15 seconds, so yours is good enough...etc etc.." Personally...I accepted Mechanical it's not accurate...I am pretty much tolerance about getting anything from -5 to + 5.....Anything above 10seconds is crap....WHY THE HELL I want to spend thousands to get crap accuracy...may as well spend on cheap skate mechanical. I was happy with my Aquis Chrono (ETA 7750), which has about -2s/day. But this SW200....at 14sec...is crap! I guess this experience thought me something......:think:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have 3 of the things and I find them excellent. The one in my ProDiver Date has run continually since February time (it gets more than it's fair share of wrist time) and it's gained about a minute in that time.

I wish I am that lucky...:-( Maybe NOT all SW200 chips are equal then.....:think:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Side issue. Can anyone recomend an AD in brisbane to do an adjustment
IF I am not wrong....isnt Friend of ORIS in Brisbane??? Try contacting them.....or you can go to Watches of Switzerland?? I think they also have store in Brisbane?? Is your watch on warranty?? Just be ware a bit from my experience.....they always try to hide themselves from the "factory tolerance" rules stated in the manual. Which can be pretty crap performance (-5 to +20).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Smithy at foo said to embrace the 10 seconds a there is no AD in brisbane who could do the work. However brisbane vintage watches may to worth taking to.

·
Registered
418 Posts
GOD....o| HOW IN HELL you get that??? Are they on STEROID??? Which watch is that??
Diver date 2011, just a fluke I guess, I set it 3 secs slow start if the month and by the end of the month I'm 4 or 5 secs fast. It's the most accurate watch I've ever had.

·
Registered
13,948 Posts
I was curious how mine is doing when I saw this thread.

My PD Date with the SW200-1 gained slightly less than 2 seconds in the past 24 hours. It is my most accurate mechanical, still.

I find it does best wearing it like normal and resting on the crown at night. Nothing special about how I get this accuracy, at all.

This watch is my favorite and everywhere I go I notice people gawking at it like no other. I prefer subtlety actually, but it is cool to see that others find it intriguing, too. Until you see one on your wrist and feel the ridiculous quality, you just can't understand. Catch a glimpse of the bezel, crystal, hands, and marker surrounds all glimmering in low indoor light and you will see the new bar for "badass watch". It's both very sophisticated and fairly simple in style. It's both classy as hell and extremely tool-ish. I greatly prefer the styling of the date over the chrono FWIW. Both are awesome, but the Date is just so clean and classy.

·
Registered
530 Posts
From what I've seen the SW200 can be regulated just as well as the 2824-2. Mine runs +2 / day after regulation, which is plenty accurate for me.

I've not googled the specs, but it should be easy enough to find out how they compare (since they are basically the same, that should be pretty well the same ;) )

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
From what I've seen the SW200 can be regulated just as well as the 2824-2. Mine runs +2 / day after regulation, which is plenty accurate for me.

I've not googled the specs, but it should be easy enough to find out how they compare (since they are basically the same, that should be pretty well the same ;) )
Naahh....I dont think they are of the same quality. (obviously there are just too much gap between +-2 to about +14s/day) This is probably my last of the SW200 movement (never gonna touch anything with this movement). Worst part of this, ORIS is pretty smart to hide themselves under the factory tolerance of -5 to +20 sec/day. +- 5 I think is acceptable, but 15+? For luxury watch?? Is this what you call high quality? I guess ORIS need to learn from both ROLEX or even OMEGA before even thinking about going into luxury watch market.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Naahh....I dont think they are of the same quality. (obviously there are just too much gap between +-2 to about +14s/day) This is probably my last of the SW200 movement (never gonna touch anything with this movement). Worst part of this, ORIS is pretty smart to hide themselves under the factory tolerance of -5 to +20 sec/day. +- 5 I think is acceptable, but 15+? For luxury watch?? Is this what you call high quality? I guess ORIS need to learn from both ROLEX or even OMEGA before even thinking about going into luxury watch market.
You believe whatever you like, you seem to have an axe to grind.

On the movement itself: Sellita made parts for ETA for a long time and there is no reason to believe that performance between 2824 & SW200 movements should be any different. The performance should be evaluated once the movement has been regulated. Anything else is pure ignorance as there is no basis for comparison.

Any watch manufacturer will always quite the movement providers specs. I think Oris would be smart to regulate their watches better from the factory <shrug> but that's not my call. :)

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
My sw200 Oris runs better (+1/day) than my Rolex Milgauss (+8/day). I didn't read the entire thread so excuse me if I missed something but why not just regulate the movement? If it is consistently running at +14 there is nothing wrong with it it just needs to be regulated.

·
Registered
102 Posts
My sw200 Oris runs better (+1/day) than my Rolex Milgauss (+8/day). I didn't read the entire thread so excuse me if I missed something but why not just regulate the movement? If it is consistently running at +14 there is nothing wrong with it it just needs to be regulated.
My Oris SW220 is now running at +2sec per day. I've adjusted it down from +9 sec per day.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts