WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
Sounds like lots of people are very happy with their SW200s (as am I). I haven't worn my Prodiver Date for about a month, but I put it on two days ago and set it according to The official US time (NIST & USNO), and when I checked it today it is still bang on at 0.0 secs (just like shown in my earlier timegrapher pic). The SW200 Prodiver is by far the most accurate of my watches, even better than my COSC chronometers costing 3-4X as much.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
You believe whatever you like, you seem to have an axe to grind.

On the movement itself: Sellita made parts for ETA for a long time and there is no reason to believe that performance between 2824 & SW200 movements should be any different. The performance should be evaluated once the movement has been regulated. Anything else is pure ignorance as there is no basis for comparison.

Any watch manufacturer will always quite the movement providers specs. I think Oris would be smart to regulate their watches better from the factory <shrug> but that's not my call. :)

I have nothing against ORIS....besides dont think they even care about what I think or just any of their customers (since they consider it's insignificant). Honestly, this is the first time too I give a shot at ORIS brand (and it's a mix feeling). I am absolutely happy with my Aquis Titan Chrono (not super impressive, but good enough at +2/day, even getting better over time), but absolutely shocked at my wife Aquis diamond which can only best at +14/day. (it's improving...but for me still below standard).

Look I absolutely understand, you can easily regulate this type of thing....BUT one thing that pissed me off, and I bet with you it will the same if you talk to other dealers (Authorized ORIS dealers)....When you buy it brand NEW, and complain about this issue...instead of trying to make you happy (by giving FREE tuning), they will just hide their ass off over the manufacturer accepted value (-5 to +20) and just tell you to be happy for it. Obviously from here I can tell, they are NOT concern about the quality standard (at least in term of performance wise!). I can fully understand where they stand from business perspective....they just cant afford to have too many customers sending them back the watches for FREE tuning.

I dont know about any of you guys.....BUT FOR ME, if I decided to spend thousands of dollars on a watch, I expect to get something of high quality standard (in term of performance and built quality). ORIS has increase their watch prices over time in a hope of raising their expected brand "value". HOWEVER if they are NOT backing them with the same quality performance as the rest of TOP LUXURY brand, they will never be in that level.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Sounds like lots of people are very happy with their SW200s (as am I). I haven't worn my Prodiver Date for about a month, but I put it on two days ago and set it according to The official US time (NIST & USNO), and when I checked it today it is still bang on at 0.0 secs (just like shown in my earlier timegrapher pic). The SW200 Prodiver is by far the most accurate of my watches, even better than my COSC chronometers costing 3-4X as much.

OH well Brent....I may be just one of those unlucky guy that got sucky performance. Honestly I can pretty much understand....maybe I just got one of those that has been sitting duck in stores for a while (and need more tuning) or get them to work overtime. BUT once again...ONLY thing I am very unhappy is the attitude of some of these dealers. Personally I am pretty sure anyway, even if they seem sucks you can easily regulate these watches (just like you are fine tuning your cars). BUT as a customer point of view, especially considering this is a luxury watch....at least these guys should be able to provide FREE service at least to life of the warranty!

·
Registered
319 Posts
I'm very happy with my BC=3 and it's accuracy. However I understand the concern over customer service. If I don't feel like the company will support me, I may look elsewhere on my next purchase. My experience so far with customer service has been Omega=good, Luminox= poor and Citizen = Excellent.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I have nothing against ORIS....besides dont think they even care about what I think or just any of their customers (since they consider it's insignificant). Honestly, this is the first time too I give a shot at ORIS brand (and it's a mix feeling). I am absolutely happy with my Aquis Titan Chrono (not super impressive, but good enough at +2/day, even getting better over time), but absolutely shocked at my wife Aquis diamond which can only best at +14/day. (it's improving...but for me still below standard).

Look I absolutely understand, you can easily regulate this type of thing....BUT one thing that pissed me off, and I bet with you it will the same if you talk to other dealers (Authorized ORIS dealers)....When you buy it brand NEW, and complain about this issue...instead of trying to make you happy (by giving FREE tuning), they will just hide their ass off over the manufacturer accepted value (-5 to +20) and just tell you to be happy for it. Obviously from here I can tell, they are NOT concern about the quality standard (at least in term of performance wise!). I can fully understand where they stand from business perspective....they just cant afford to have too many customers sending them back the watches for FREE tuning.

I dont know about any of you guys.....BUT FOR ME, if I decided to spend thousands of dollars on a watch, I expect to get something of high quality standard (in term of performance and built quality). ORIS has increase their watch prices over time in a hope of raising their expected brand "value". HOWEVER if they are NOT backing them with the same quality performance as the rest of TOP LUXURY brand, they will never be in that level.
<shrug> to me you're coming across as whiny. If it's important to you, go get it regulated. You've got a problem with the fact that Oris won't do it for free, that's too bad.

And when you sayd that your Titan Chrono is "good enough at +2/day" are you serious. +2 is exceptional. If that's only "good enough" for you, maybe stick to quartz. :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
<shrug> to me you're coming across as whiny. If it's important to you, go get it regulated. You've got a problem with the fact that Oris won't do it for free, that's too bad.

And when you sayd that your Titan Chrono is "good enough at +2/day" are you serious. +2 is exceptional. If that's only "good enough" for you, maybe stick to quartz. :)

Huh...being whinny or complaining wont do anything much! (AS IF like they [email protected]#king care) I DONT have time and foolish enough to do it. THERE ARE just too many options available in the market. I know where money is going next (it's simple as that!) All I do is post and share, so it will be a knowledge or experience to others (isnt what this forum is all about!) NOT about happy or not....BUT forget it if you think about getting it regulated at the ORIS authorized dealers.

I DONT need to get those cheapy quartz to get the same level of accuracy (+14)....EVEN there are SOOO many cheaper options in mechanical watches that do better than +14/day. ALSO just because you happy to get what the manufacturer throw at you after spending a lot of money, doesnt mean that others too.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts