WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I aquired a watch branded swan. It's an automatic but I can't seem to find anything about it. Anyone familiar with this brand?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
The "Incabloc" marking refers to the type of shock protection unit used on the balance assembly. Incabloc is one of the most commonly used. For more info you'd likely need to provide good photos of the watch, including the movement.

The Mikrolisk Trade Mark Index (link below) lists a couple of entries for the "Swan" brand. It's not one I'm familiar with, but there were very many smaller brands/assemblers that don't have much history.

Mikrolisk - The horological trade mark index

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
That's a very pedestrian looking movement.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
The case style indicates the watch was likely made in the early to mid-1970s. Caseback markings should indicate what the case material is. If it states "Stainless Steel Back" (or "Fond Acier Inoxydable") then the case itself will be plated base metal. If it states "All Stainless Steel" then both case and caseback are steel.

The movement? I'm not sure. It doesn't ring a bell with me offhand. Hopefully someone will be able to ID it. Many have the caliber reference and/or maker's mark under the balance wheel, and yours has markings stamped there but I can't quite make them out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
20180120_001158.jpg 20180120_001224.jpg Thanks again, I tried my best. But this is it. I could not read the number and the makers mark doesn't ring a bell to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts