WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought this might be a fun exercise for some of us, let's see if I can explain it. The story starts here: I've tried to build my collection based on variety, a watch for every occasion. There are certain watches that I really like, but I never purchase because I already have something too similar. I can't justify two watches that serve the same purpose. Disclaimer: When I say "similar," I'm talking style & color mostly, because that's how I choose which watch to put on each morning.

With that in mind, I've attempted to put together a list of these watches that catch my eye, and mentally substitute them for watches that I own, to build a roughly equivalent collection. Sort of my "alternate universe" collection. These are all the watches I would have bought if I didnt already buy their counterparts.

Here's the basic idea if anyone wants to play along:
-Post each of your watches, along with the watch you'd swap with it.
-Watches should be roughly in the same price bracket. No fair swapping out your collection of Timexes for Pateks.

White dial diver for casual wear (goes with everything)
Ulysse Nardin Maxi Marine --> IWC Aquatimer

UN.jpg IWC.jpg

Blue diver for casual wear
Bremont Supermarine --> Breitling Superocean Heritage
Bremont.jpg breitling-chronometre-superocean-automatic-watch-01.jpg

Black dial casual chrono

Omega Speedmaster 3570.50 --> Breitling Navitimer (I owned a Navi World in the past.)
Speedy.jpg breitling-navitimer-profile.jpg

White dial all-purpose that is eye-catching but can be worn semi-dressed up

Longines Retrograde Seconds --> Omega Seamaster GMT "Great White"
Longines.jpg $(KGrHqQOKo8FI!E,zgP8BS!TzQwR4w~~60_35.JPG

Brown dressier watch
Stowa 1938 Chronograph --> Meistersinger No. 3 (I owned one of these briefly, but sold it because it was too similar to the Stowa.)
StowaC.jpg meistersinger-einzeigeruhren-no-03-am903.jpg

Silver dial dress watch

Omega Aqua Terra 2503.30 --> Zenith Elite Ultra Thin
AT.jpg jomashop_2270_826885881.jpg

Flieger
Stowa Airman --> Glycine Incursore
StowaF.jpg 3762-19LP-MB.jpg

What do you think? I'd be happy with either collection, but obviously I'm biased toward the left hand column.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts