WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In homage to its hometown, Swatch recently opened its first drive-thru store on the corner of Nicolas G. Hayek and Jacob Stämpfli streets in Biel/Bienne. The watch brand is thus offering the first ever “wrist food to go” service in an elegant setting. As creative as it is functional, the drive-thru has many features that will surprise its customers.

4DF9A02D-FE37-4F4D-B9EC-4B6D89AF75BF.jpeg

Anyone approaching the new Swatch building by car or bicycle can get the watch of their choice in two easy steps while remaining comfortable seated. A screen displays the Swatch product range in a format familiar to most visitors. All you have to do is select your favourite watch, pay for it and take it away with you. A unique and fun shopping experience that is as simple as ordering a cheeseburger and definitely lighter.

The watches offered at the drive-thru are served in special packaging available exclusively from this store. Customers with a little more time can also enter the newly built pavilion: a unique building combining lightness, transparency and colours. Typically Swatch!

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
What will they think of next?

Very whimsical looking building design....at first glance I thought it was like a carousel ride......

·
Registered
85 Posts
That seems so odd that I had to dig a few pictures from the internet.

There was a nice throw back on the press release by having the order made from a Smart car.

·
Registered
134 Posts
McSwatch. Does it come with a happy meal? This is just a marketing/advertising stunt, not really practical in this age of online shopping.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I swear pre-covid I would have traveled to see this! And I've been trying to find that banana watch for ages, too!

·
Premium Member
14,783 Posts
I would be more inclined to visit an AD if they were like this!

·
Registered
280 Posts
I hadn't heard of this and was in Biel/Bienne to see the Omega museum in October of 2019. The Swatch museum is in the same building on a different floor. I saw the drive through and just had to take a picture even if nobody was driving through at the moment.

Both museums were well done and well presented but each had it's own unique "feel".

It was a great way to spend a rainy day in Switzerland!

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
I was just in Las Vegas last week and happened to visit the Swatch store there. Swatch brand watches have come a long way since the 80’s. There were some sharp watches there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts