WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everybody
does any one know what is the model of the ETA movement in swatch irony the chrono series (the big irony) (mine is yos403)
i found ETA chrono movemnts with 4 jewels but the measure 29.8mm (ETA G10.211,ETA G10.711, ETA G10.791) but i think mine should be bigger
and also what is the ETA movement in the irony retrograde series? i found this:(G15.261
) but it has 6 jewels and it is mentioned on the watch's bak that it has only 4 jewels!!

thank tou all
mohamed hashem

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Why do you think your movement should be bigger?

The YRS Swatch watches use a G15.261 that is made just for Swatch watches, they are slightly cheaper, hence the reduced jewel count.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why do you think your movement should be bigger?

The YRS Swatch watches use a G15.261 that is made just for Swatch watches, they are slightly cheaper, hence the reduced jewel count.
i think mine is bigger since the my case diameter is about 47mm
can i replace the movement in the retrograde with the G15.261?will it fit?

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
i think mine is bigger since the my case diameter is about 47mm
There are thousands of watches with huge cases and smaller movements....that's why they invented case spacer rings.

And, a 13.25''' movement (31.75 mm) is larger than average movement, altough quite typical for a chronograph.

(BTW it does use a G10....)

can i replace the movement in the retrograde with the G15.261?will it fit?
It's the same movement, it just has a few plastic bearings in place of jewels.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are thousands of watches with huge cases and smaller movements....that's why they invented case spacer rings.

And, a 13.25''' movement (31.75 mm) is larger than average movement, altough quite typical for a chronograph.

(BTW it does use a G10....)

It's the same movement, it just has a few plastic bearings in place of jewels.
thank you very much for your help , does this means that my yos403 has one of the three movements listed above ? G10S
thank you again :)

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
A YOS403 should have a G10 in it....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A YOS403 should have a G10 in it....
thank you veryy much :) but there is a small issue i searched for the g15.261 that u told men it is in the irony retrograde and i found that the retrograde hand (the stop watch hand) oscillates in anti-clock wise path !!!!!! while the irony retrograde movement is normal so, is the oscillation direction controllable? or the irony retrograde has another movement??
sorry for my many questions :)

·
Premium Member
20,846 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is an information page about the G15.261.

SwissTime - ETA Chronographe à quartz rétrograde

It looks like you're right, watches based on the G15.261 seem to have a central retrograde seconds hand that rotate counterclockwise.
so ! this isn't the movement on the irony retrograde ? or is it easy to reverse the movement? by changing the circuit direction for example?

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
It apparently has a different stepper motor controller logic in the chip. A programing change.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts