WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

701 - 720 of 734 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
It’s real, because I was told the bezel insert was paper thin, I used the black insert over the Batman so I didn’t ruin the insert if I did not like it. You can slightly see some blue but I think it looks pretty good
Pretty neat 😃 So what size insert is it? ( mine is currently being hidden as my birthday present!)

·
Registered
32 Posts
yesterday I was visiting their european online shop, just checking out if they would have the ref.31290 available again..

I was surprised by discovering that a store sale was going on (it was close to ending, in fact) and they had the orange bezel (ref.34336) priced at 99 euros, down from the usual 145 euros.. that thing practically beegged to be bought!

I've placed the order in the evening and less than an hour later the watch has gone out of stock

so.. I'm part of the family now :)

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
yesterday I was visiting their european online shop, just checking out if they would have the ref.31290 available again..

I was surprised by discovering that a store sale was going on (it was close to ending, in fact) and they had the orange bezel (ref.34336) priced at 99 euros, down from the usual 145 euros.. that thing practically beegged to be bought!

I've placed the order in the evening and less than an hour later the watch has gone out of stock

so.. I'm part of the family now :)
Congrats! It's a great versatile watch.

·
Registered
265 Posts
is the Europe website as bad as the US one, where they make it impossible to find these models? Even when they had some two tone bezels in stock, I could not find them by searching ‘1953’ or by the reference number. I had to sift through a thousand 53mm joker watches, eventually using case size filter to find them.

Why are they ashamed of their one good looking watch? Why would they discontinue it after less than one year? Who is buying up all these ****ing joker watches? Invicta is just a brand I absolutely do not understand.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Invicta essentially owns their own ShopHQ TV station and shows hundreds, if not thousands of watch models, many of which are 50mm+ in case sizes.

Agree that they have a smash hit with the Invicta 31290 1953, and we've not seen it in the US market now for over a year with one WUS member looking for a bezel insert replacement having found out that it was actually discontinued.

Go figure....

·
Registered
6,777 Posts
is the Europe website as bad as the US one, where they make it impossible to find these models? Even when they had some two tone bezels in stock, I could not find them by searching ‘1953’ or by the reference number. I had to sift through a thousand 53mm joker watches, eventually using case size filter to find them.
Euro site found it when I searched by reference but not when I searched by 1953.

·
Registered
265 Posts
It’s just crazy to me that they can produce so many different models that are so ugly. I wonder how many of each get made? I just find it hard to believe people are buying these monstrosities. Who are they? They look like something a 15 year old drug dealer would buy, but 15 year olds don’t buy things on home shopping network. I’m just having trouble wrapping my head around their business model. In the internet watch communities everybody hates them, and I think if you asked 100 people on the street what they think of invictas big gaudy watches, 99 of them would say they are hideous.
But maybe I’m wrong. I don’t understand why people listen to top 40 music either.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
I was hoping invicta do what Timex did with the Q once they realized the hype. Timex flooded the market with Q reissues and now anyone can grab one. Can’t understand this one with the original 1953?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

701 - 720 of 734 Posts