WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all you swimmers and divers out there, what's the deepest you've taken your Amphibians and Komandirskies? The most water action my Vostoks get is washing the dishes every night. :)

Reactions: Danilao

·
Registered
20,371 Posts
About 4m while on holiday in Italy last year. Just another 196m to go!
Like with any dive watch, you need to keep a 10% safety margin, so you only have 176m to go.

I'm a professional [desk] diver.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Like with any dive watch, you need to keep a 10% safety margin, so you only have 176m to go.

I suppose, that design of the watches accomodates at least 10 % of safety margin, so even keeping 10 % it would be 194 to go. ;)

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm a newbie diver, the lowest I ever dive was 20m and I was wearing my scuba dude, I relied on it on the dive since I do not have a dive computer

but the most surprising was a 40 minutes dive I did in the beginning of the year in quite cold waters at 10m, I measure the accuracy before and after the dive and the cold water had absolutely no impact on it

vostok_orange.jpg

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Dirskies can leak in the bottom of the car washing bucket as I well know. Fibbies on the other hand should be fine.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Dirskies can leak in the bottom of the car washing bucket as I well know. Fibbies on the other hand should be fine.
Only if QC has failed. It should, in normal condition, do fine.

Older and "serviced" are different thing. While older and serviced should do fine also.

·
Registered
20,371 Posts
Amphibians have been tested with a overpressure of 20% for a total of 24 atm, I don't think it would be a problem to use until that depth.
Never heard about amphibians being officially tested that far. But for mass produced watches I would not take that data too serious.

·
Registered
8,934 Posts
Never heard about amphibians being officially tested that far. But for mass produced watches I would not take that data too serious.

Few years ago a French forum tested a certain amount of diver watches.

I remember the Swatch Scuba failed at 17 bar (= atm) and the Amphibian reached 25 (that means 24 + 1 atm of the atmosphere), that would qualified it for being a ISO certified 200 mt.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Only if QC has failed. It should, in normal condition, do fine.

Older and "serviced" are different thing. While older and serviced should do fine also.
Probably failed QC - it came from a period when Vostok didn't have a QC policy. Very little about that watch actually worked....

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I guess so. There were darker times which fortunately seems to be history.

All my new and older Komandirskies with new gaskets and properly attached crystals have withstanded swimming very well.

One Komandirskie I bought as serviced fogged immediately when I washed my hands. Wrong crystal with no glue at all. Currently having a proper service.

·
942 Posts
I'm a newbie diver, the lowest I ever dive was 20m and I was wearing my scuba dude, I relied on it on the dive since I do not have a dive computer

but the most surprising was a 40 minutes dive I did in the beginning of the year in quite cold waters at 10m, I measure the accuracy before and after the dive and the cold water had absolutely no impact on it

View attachment 9074978
I like that solid bracelet Zyklon. Is it an original Vostok or an after-market. Is so where did you get?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I like that solid bracelet Zyklon. Is it an original Vostok or an after-market. Is so where did you get?
It's a original vostok bracelet by meranom that is used in a few 420SE models, the clasp has the word "Boctok" laser engraved on it

you can get it from meramom, it feels very comfortable to wear it

i wish they would make a similar bracelet for the 120 case :D

·
Registered
549 Posts
During the summer I am snorkeling almost daily, always wearing my Amphibia. I do not have a depth gauge, so I do not know how deep I have been going, except for once when a friend having a depth gauge joined me. That time I took the watch down to 8.5m. At that depth I reached the sea floor.

·
942 Posts
It's a original vostok bracelet by meranom that is used in a few 420SE models, the clasp has the word "Boctok" laser engraved on it

you can get it from meramom, it feels very comfortable to wear it

i wish they would make a similar bracelet for the 120 case :D
Are they not both 18mm width and Meranom has them?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts