WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I've purchased a maverick II watch from swiss army (which I thought was genuine).

The red arrow does not allign with 12 o'clock position, as shown. Is the watch a fake? Originally the watch came with a rubber band which I've just replaced with a bracelet.

Attachments

·
Registered
21,091 Posts
My friend has the same watch. His chrono hands always misalign themselves. Just cycle through and reset it to the 12 o'clock position. This is quite common with quartz chronographs. My old Seiko was the same way.

·
Registered
11,425 Posts
this tends to happen quite often to quartz chronographs...fortunately the fix is simple and free of charge. there is a demonstration on youtube that illustrates how to recalibrate your swiss quartz chronograph. it's a very simple procedure.

·
Registered
21,091 Posts
im glad i clicked on this thread, i didnt know about this feature on chronos. i got a seiko where the needle was about half a second off from the 12 position- it drove me nuts
Yeah, it seems that some chronographs are more susceptible than others. Like I said, my old Seiko needed to be adjusted about every two months. Now my Chase-Durer hasn't needed to be adjusted in two years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.