WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any thoughts on Swiss Army in general? I just picked up a discontinued Cavalier quartz with sapphire crystal, and I really like it, especially for the price.
I checked the archives and did'nt come up with much. Thanks.:thanks

·
Registered
302 Posts
My experience with them has been fine...solid watches, good lume, comfortable, and reliable. Their designs are pretty nice too depending on the model.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Good stuff all around. The less expensive ones like the SA Raider (quartz) are great, legible, beaters, and the heavier ones like the Ground Force Auto, Chrono, Air Boss series, and the Valjoux 7750 based ones *drool* are awesome. Heres another similar thread from awhile ago that might help, too. Just [Search] Swiss Army or Victorinox and you'll find a butt ton of info.

https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=229346

·
Registered
158 Posts
I like Swiss Army. I've had my Cavalry for several years now, and it's one of the three watches I own that is in my weekly rotation. Whether you pick quartz or mech, they are solid time pieces.
|>

B

·
0 Posts
Nice watches if the price is right although I notice that they are trying to nudge their msrp's higher.

I do wish that they would get something worked out with Wenger as that is really confusing.

·
Registered
8,838 Posts
Nice watches if the price is right although I notice that they are trying to nudge their msrp's higher.

I do wish that they would get something worked out with Wenger as that is really confusing.
Actually, Victorinox now owns Wenger: "However, on April 26, 2005, Victorinox acquired Wenger, thus once again becoming the sole supplier of knives to the Swiss Army. However, on the consumer side Victorinox has stated that it intends to keep both brands intact."
From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss_Army_knife The focus of the article is pocket knives, but it applies to the watches, too. They're not confused, we are.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I own 3 (soon to be 4) VSA's and I love them. I have two Ground Forces, the auto and the quartz chrono, and a Dive Master 500 Quartz. They all seem to be of very high quality for the price, very good fit and finish, and I really like the style.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I love mine. My wife bought it for me a few years ago, and I've worn it as a daily work watch since. It can take a real beating, and the only obvious signs of wear are scratches in the red coating on the bezel.
Definitely worth the money.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
If you're looking for a swiss quartz watch with 100m water resistance and a sapphire crystal, you'll have a hard time beating the Victorinox Swiss Army watch....

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
They sure look like good watches.I like lots of their styles,and i have my eye on the Dive master 500. To bad we don't see lots more of them on the forum.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I already have a fairly good sized watch collection, however I have just re-discovered Victorinox Swiss Army watches after several (15) years.
I really don't know how they managed to escape my attention for so long.

I've been reading the various watch forums for the past few days and 99% of the opinions are very positive.

I ordered this one (below) and am scheduled to receive it tomorrow. I think I'm going to be ordering a few more of their various styles in the future. I like them... clean and simple.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I have to agree that the quality of the Victorinox watches is much improved over the older models, but they have seriously suffered from "price creep" in recent times... I think some of their models are priced a little unreasonably. With that in mind, if you can get a model on closeout or at a good discount, you'll find some reasonably priced nice watches if you do your research!

Some of their designs are very fresh and compelling, so it is hard to argue the pricing when there's not much you can get that is exactly the same. For instance, some of the metallic matte dials are pretty cool.

My GF recently got this Alliance Chrono and I really like it, it has that brown matte dial. I also have a Ground Force Auto (I had two and this is a pic of the one I sold, but I kept one). I have a Ground Force Chrono coming too. All good deals.

-s-

·
Registered
557 Posts
As I mentioned a couple of posts above, I have a renewed interest and respect for the Victorinox Swiss Army watches.

I received this one below last week ($68) and liked it so much, I decided to buy another.

Because of its clean and simple appearance, I purchased and received this one yesterday ($40)...

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Because of its clean and simple appearance, I purchased and received this one yesterday ($40)...

Great pick up... I saw one like that at Sierra Trading Post but didn't get it, the deal wasn't as good as yours! Is that like a V7-5 or something?

-s-

·
Registered
29 Posts
I love the Victorinox Dive Master 500M.

I have 3 of them, and am always looking for more.

Victorinox and Breitling are my 2 favorite manufacturers. They have good, high quality, rugged built watches that I like! :-!

I think Swiss Army in general makes good stuff, from luggage to clothing, watches to knives!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts