WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'll add another vote for Oris (superb quality and better than many other Swiss watches at the same price) (y)

But I agree with @obomomomo about Germans, particularly Damasko's DSub range.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
The other two are made in uk but they still have "swiss made" label. All this swiss made story is a grey area, really.
Christopher Ward is headquartered in the UK, but their watches are put together in Switzerland (they own production facilities in Switzerland, their cross flags logo represents the flags of England and Switzerland). Farer, likewise, is a UK company that has it's watches assembled in Switzerland. Both companies' watches meet the legal definition of "Swiss made" and are so labeled. Zelos watches, even those with Swiss movements, do not meet the requirements of Swiss made and do not carry a Swiss made label.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
CW C65 Dartmouth, and pocket $1k

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
No one gonna mentioned Monta and their Oceanking?

Reactions: GrimFandango

·
Premium Member
7,978 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
I eventually went in a different direction, but I looked at the Rado Captain Cook, Oris Aquis, and the Longines, and, if I had gone on to buy, out of those 3 I would have definitely picked the Rado.

·
Premium Member
7,978 Posts
Hamilton Khaki Navy Scuba?

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
I think you could pull off a Longines Legend Diver if you're good at negotiating.

·
Premium Member
66,518 Posts
They’re technically British but have Swiss movements in them so if you’re interested look at Chris Ward.

·
Registered
8,535 Posts
OP's title says, "Am I Missing Any?"

OP, you are only missing about 10,000 divers in that price range!

I've seen the newer ceramic Hydroconquest for under $1,200, which seems like a good value. I have the Aquis and really like it.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
You might consider using the search engine here and in the Diver sub forum to pull up NUMEROUS threads on this topic for ideas.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts