WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to share my experience with Swiss Military Hanowa customer service.

I have Hanowa 6-413/6-513, which is about 15 years old quartz. It's been on my wrist most of time for last 15 years, I like the design and size of the watch.

It has damaged hands and dial by moisture because I cleaned the watch with running tap water twice. At that time, I didn't know that 30M water resistant is not strong enough for doing that.

After I fell in love with watches months ago, the damaged hands started to bother me when I compare it to brand new watches. I could take the dial condition and scratches, not hands.

I tried to find same size hands or compatible hands, but no success. Not much information about this watch out there. I contacted the head office in Switzerland, and they provided compatible hands information promptly, and also I got the service center contact in Canada.

Unfortunately, the service center couldn't answer my question, cost to replace hands only, over the phone. They asked me send it to the center to get a quote. Well, this is a 15 year old watch, and I don't want to pay for a big bill.

I contacted the head office again, explained what happened with the service center, and asked that any place I can purchase hands for replacing hands at a local jeweler.

Guess what. They sent 2 sets of hands FREE of charge by priority mail, and I received them after 3 days, today. What a great service for an inexpensive watch. I thought that it would great if I could buy hands from them.

Thank you Leonor at Swiss Military Hanowa.

From a happy customer Brian.

IMG_2003.JPG

IMG_2004.JPG

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's great. Hope you get another 15 years out of it. Might be a good time to have the seals replaced as some insurance against it happening again. You're lucky the movement wasn't affected.
Thanks for the advice. Yes, that's the next thing I should do ASAP.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts