WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think of that TV offering of the Rotary ETA skeleton for 599 with the winder included? I wish I could examine it in person, but it looks like a good deal from here.
Does anybody know of any other choices of skeletonised swiss watches in the price range?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I thought the winder LOOKED very nice; the watch was OK, but nothing out of the ordinary...lots out there that look the same to me. However, if Rotary is that good a watch, and the "Swiss" business turns your crank, perhaps it isn't such a bad price. JMHO.

This is my favorite skeleton, but it's certainly not Swiss (Astbury):

Jim

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I thought the winder LOOKED very nice; the watch was OK, but nothing out of the ordinary...lots out there that look the same to me. However, if Rotary is that good a watch, and the "Swiss" business turns your crank, perhaps it isn't such a bad price. JMHO.

This is my favorite skeleton, but it's certainly not Swiss (Astbury):

Jim

Thanks for sharing.
Your Astbury has a good, clean look (if that's not a contradiction). I like that gear-tooth bezel, and the unmarked face, too. How big is it?
I haven't made up my mind about the 'requisite' decoration of the movements on almost all the movements I've seen.
So far I like the Naked Watch collection best, closest to a new and modern take on the theme. But it's not Swiss...
That Rotary face had the flaps for type on the 12 and 6 of the dial, they're slighly irritating, IMO.
That winder does look cool...and the alligator strap at that price point is a value...

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
I've seen that Rotary before and it just Ok in my book but, as far as the winder goes from the looks of it, (JMHO) its cheap it seems to keep winding and never stops now if someone around here has one can can prove me wrong about that then please do because while watching I never seen the winder stop or rest. Those winders that came with the Magico's seem to work better than that one that came with the Rotary.

Winder<| until further notice or informed

·
Registered
615 Posts
I've seen that Rotary before and it just Ok in my book but, as far as the winder goes from the looks of it, (JMHO) its cheap it seems to keep winding and never stops now if someone around here has one can can prove me wrong about that then please do because while watching I never seen the winder stop or rest. Those winders that came with the Magico's seem to work better than that one that came with the Rotary.

Winder<| until further notice or informed
I noticed that too. It just ran and ran and ran. Lior never mentioned it was programmable so that told me it wasn't.

I really liked the watch. The movement was nice but I really liked the dial. You could easily read the time with the clearly defined markers. The only thing I didn't like was the brown alligator on the silver dial. They should have put a black alligator with the silver, IMO. The brown strap looked much better on the goldtone dial. I don't think it was worth $600 overall but I did like the watch.

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
I noticed that too. It just ran and ran and ran. Lior never mentioned it was programmable so that told me it wasn't.

I really liked the watch. The movement was nice but I really liked the dial. You could easily read the time with the clearly defined markers. The only thing I didn't like was the brown alligator on the silver dial. They should have put a black alligator with the silver, IMO. The brown strap looked much better on the goldtone dial. I don't think it was worth $600 overall but I did like the watch.
Give it a month or 2 Mike and it'll be 399...lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.