WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The swissluxuryboutique.com website is a scam and I am a victim. I was seduced by their low prices and my investigation prior to my "purchase" turned up swissluxury.com which was highly rated. I didn't notice that it was swissluxury.com not swissluxuryboutique.com! After wiring them $6,555 for a Blancpain Villeret 62363-1127-55B, they ceased to communicate with me and their phone has been disconnected. I have reported this to the FBI internet fraud complaint department, UK Action Fraud and filed a report on Scamguard.com. A more careful inspection of the http://www.safepurchaseonline.org/domain=swissluxuryboutique.htm site reveals that there is no way to search for the status of any other company. It is obviously a front for the swissluxuryboutique.com scam site. I am out $6,555 and should have known better! DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE!

I posted this yesterday in response to a thread asking if anyone had ordered from this website. I am adding more information here to make this notice more prominently displayed.
The swissluxuryboutique.com website was started July 7, 2013 according to whois.com. They list an address on the website of 424 Main Street, Buffalo NY. I called a jewelry
store at 403 Main street that has been in business for decades and they new nothing of swissluxuryboutique.

Here is the email requesting a wire transfer of funds:
The Blancpain Villeret 6263-1127-55B is in stock at our UK branch and available for immediate delivery. We can start the shipping process within 24 hours after the payment clears. It will take up to 2 business days to receive it to Austin, Texas.
Please use the following details to complete the payment:
Bank Name: BARCLAYS BANK
Bank Address: 2 High Pavement, Nottingham, NG1 2EN, United Kingdom
Account Number: 90154814
IBAN: GB08BARC20632890154814
Sort Code: 206328
Swift Code: BARCGB22
Amount: $6,555.00
Beneficiary: Swiss Luxury Boutique
It takes about 3-4 business days for the funds to reach our account, please make sure you check the "Urgent Transfer" box instead of "Normal Transfer".
Once the payment is completed please email the proof of payment to: [email protected]swissluxuryboutique.com
We are waiting for the payment confirmation in order to make the shipping arrangements.

I phoned the bank this morning and they will do nothing since I am not a customer of Barclays Bank. I am now pursuing channels through my bank. These guys profit from the fact that investigation of their criminal activity moves so slowly. NEVER wire money overseas to a company you do not know!

Although swissluxury.com is a reputable company it seems, I would avoid any permutation of that name since it appears swissluxuryboutigue.com is taking advantage of the swissluxury.com name. For example, carefully scrutinize swissluxurytime.com, which was created February 13, 2013.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I feel for you. I was scammed by them too. I sent all my info to Barclays in the UK (to their fraud unit). They were able to give me a few bucks back from what was left over after the individuals owning the account flew the coop. You might try sending them a letter and copies of all your emails with the Swiss luxury scammers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts