WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of switching a rubber strap I have from a tang buckle to a deployment. It looks like it wont be that diffiuclt. I already switched off the buckle and attached one end of the deployment and that seemed to work ok. I will have to cut the other end (long end) of the strap to attach the other end of the deployment. My only concern is making a hole for the springbar on the end of the strap that will be cut. What tool do you think would work well for this? Anybody have experience with this?

Adam

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
Are you talking about making a hole through the entire width of the strap to get a springbar through? If so, don't try it. I don't see any way it can be done.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Making a hole through the width of the strap for a springbar is what I'm talking about... Anybody else recommend against it or have an idea of how to do it without ruining the strap?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I successfully have attached the deployment to the strap. The process wasn't exactly pretty, but it works. The deployment is firmly attached so it functions. If you take the deployment off, you can see that the process of creating a hole for the springbar wasn't flawless (but who will ever see it).

Basically I used a nail to start a little hole on the edge of hte strap. Then I used my smallest drill bit and drilled away. Worked pretty well but I did pierce through the surface of the strap about halfway down. I adjusted the torque on my drill so I had better control and was able to create a hole for the spring bar.

I will post pictures later to show how it went. It is an all black Frankenmonster with a Marine Master rubber strap and deployment from an Orsa Monstrum. Truly a Frankenmonster parts from many different watches!

Adam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts