WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

First post and new to this so hope it works. Just got this today and wanted to share some pics of my very first DOXA. Many thanks to Andy at DOXA for all his help.

Simon

Attachments

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Oh, Simon, dude, nice watch .... :-! Fantastic pics; thanks for sharing!

Man, I NEED one of those; Andy, any more in the vault?? Please??

Cheers!
Bill

·
14,594 Posts
Crackin' nice watch!!! Health to enjoy that beautiful Synchron, my favorite era.........

·
Banned
313 Posts
That looks like a beauty - can you share "the rest of the story"?? :-d

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Hey Simon, welcome and great first Doxa!

Where abouts are ya? Orkney? Shetland? Western Isles? I'm in beautiful downtown Aberdeen LOL. :-d

Cheers,
David.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Simon,

I saw that for sale and almost pulled the trigger when the price was reduced. Great buy and by the way GREAT watch!

andy

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That looks like a beauty - can you share "the rest of the story"?? :-d
Hi Thor

Thanks ! I have to admit I spotted this on flebay. It belonged to a retired dive master who never went under the water but looked after 8 divers from the top. One of his divers gifted it to him in early 70s. Local horologist gave it the once over - oiled,greased seal,free off bezel,replaced z springs in strap,black wax on inner numerals. He recons its woking ok and does not need a full service. Amazing condition for its age. Andy at doxa recons early 70s. Lucked out for my first doxa, been trying for one for about two years but with limited funds you know how hard it can be ! Still cant stop smiling. Simon

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Simon, welcome and great first Doxa!

Where abouts are ya? Orkney? Shetland? Western Isles? I'm in beautiful downtown Aberdeen LOL. :-d

Cheers,
David.
Hi David

Am on a small island on the west coast - doon the watter - if you know what I mean ! Simon

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Simon,

I saw that for sale and almost pulled the trigger when the price was reduced. Great buy and by the way GREAT watch!

andy
Hi Andy

I had a hair trigger over loads of Doxas but not enough courage but when I spotted this vintage one I had to have it ! Sorry mate ! Simon

1 - 13 of 13 Posts