WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Syncing the analog with digital on an MRG-7100BJ without atomic clock

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  orindlt 
#1 ·
Hi There.

I purchased an MRG-7100BJ during a moment of weakness in a department store when visiting Japan recently. I didn't know much about the watch until I googled it afterward (which is probably heresy if I understand the tone of this forum right from reviewing threads) - I just really liked the look of it and pretty much purchased it on that basis alone.

I live somewhere without an atomic clock transmitter (Australia) and after several months I've noticed that the analog time is out of sync with the digital time. I suspect that this occurred recently when my 4 year old found the watch and pressed buttons randomly.

The fix I'm in is that the instructions I have are in Japanese (which I of course can't read) and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the analog and digital time back in sync. Does anyone know what procedure I can follow to do this?

With thanks,

Orin

#2 ·
hi orin,

whats the module number of this watch? it is engraved in the backcase, usually a number with four digits written in a rectangle.

regards, holger

#4 ·
hi orin,

I couldn't find any manual on the casio sites for your module number. however the module number of the MRG-7500BJ-1AJF is 4777 and this watch could probably work in a similar way like yours (just an assumption I made). here is the link for the online manual in english:

http://ftp.casio.co.jp/pub/world_manual/wat/en/qw4777.pdf

I hope this helps, if not, keep on posting, we will find a way, because there is no better forum than this on earth :);-)

regards, holger

#5 ·
hi orin,

I couldn't find any manual on the casio sites for your module number. however the module number of the MRG-7500BJ-1AJF is 4777 and this watch could probably work in a similar way like yours (just an assumption I made). here is the link for the online manual in english:

http://ftp.casio.co.jp/pub/world_manual/wat/en/qw4777.pdf

I hope this helps, if not, keep on posting, we will find a way, because there is no better forum than this on earth :);-)

regards, holger
Hi Holger, still no luck. Though I did notice that when I put it into time set mode the second hand always shifts to the 44 Second position. Given that the analog is 16 seconds out from the digital and the second hand should be at th 12 o'clock position during the time set process, this probably isn't a coincidence.

#6 · (Edited)
That module looks identical to 3732, used in the oceanus series. The manual for 3732 has a procedure for setting the analog hands (which you have to do manually regardless of atomic setting - the watch only has one timekeeping system, and the hands are just out of alignment. The watch has no idea where that second hand is, and doesn't know that it needs to be fixed.)

Hope this helps:

http://www2.casio.co.jp/manual_pdf/wat/en/pdf_search.php?MODULE=3732&submit.x=0&submit.y=0

enjoy the mrg!

#7 ·
Orin, I live in Oz and we do in fact receive the Japanese signal on a regular basis. I bought my dad a Casio atomic for his birthday (expecting he'd have to adjust it manually every now and then), and to our surprise, it started receiving regular signals...still does.

The good news is you should be able to use it as an atomic watch. The bad news is if it doesn't allow for an Aus 'home' setting, then you might be in trouble. My dad's watch didn't, so I cunningly had to recalibrate (it's an analog style) one hour ahead and set the watch on 'Tokyo' time. When it receives, it sets the time one hour ahead of Tokyo, which is eastern Aus standard time. I suspect the time setting issues you're having are possibly because it has received a signal. Is the time displayed the same as Tokyo time (ie. one hour behind us)?

If you can't find any english manual or anyone here to help (I know at least one forumite has this same model, but forget who it is), then let me know...I might be able to apply what I did with the one I did to yours (what I did wasn't in the manual btw).

#9 ·
Thanks. Another poster found me a similar manual, so the immediate problem is solved. Also I do remember once seeing the Atomic sync symbol, but I thought it was a glitch. I am in Melbourne and will play with it to see if I can replicate your success. Thanks again. Orin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.