WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question. I am contemplating buying a t-touch expert. I was wondering why the battery replacement was such a big deal? Looking through the standard-t-touch disassembly thread on this forum, it doesnt look like it was a 200 dollar service rather something that you could do yourself. I was asking a tissot AD about it today and he was saying something about a code you had to have???????? I know that it you want to keep your warranty you have to have it serviced by authorized service, but outside of that are there any nuances to the t-touch expert battery replacement that anyone knows about???

·
Registered
47 Posts
In the T-Touch Expert is a classic CR2032 baterry. Replacing the battery is quite simple but during the warranty is a replacement battery free of charge.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the T-Touch Expert is a classic CR2032 baterry. Replacing the battery is quite simple but during the warranty is a replacement battery free of charge.
Sharz, So have you done this? I was wondering where the AC point for resetting it following a battery chage is.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Replacing the battery is similar to the older models. The differences are that the back cover is retained by four screws and under the back cover is still a part (be careful when you give it away - it is an integrated circuit).
After replacing the battery, press the middle button and watches should be turned on.
Here is a link to the Czech forum where the entire procedure described in detail: http://forum.chronomag.cz/index.php?/topic/30690-tissot-t-touch-expert-vymena-baterie-svepomoci/ (use Google translate).
Hi

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all
I have a Tissot Touch Expert. I have changed the battery but after that something happend. Aquaman say something about "AC point for resetting" what is that and how to do it?
When i press the center button it just show "batt". When i hold the center button AND the + button and then press the center of the glass i got some strange numbers every time i press the + button.
06H3E04
batt L8
Err 02
Cal ?
9928 b
36.6 C

And then it goes back again.

How do i got it to work again?

Best regards
Ole

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all
I have a Tissot Touch Expert. I have changed the battery but after that something happend. Aquaman say something about "AC point for resetting" what is that and how to do it?
When i press the center button it just show "batt". When i hold the center button AND the + button and then press the center of the glass i got some strange numbers every time i press the + button.
06H3E04
batt L8
Err 02
Cal ?
9928 b
36.6 C

And then it goes back again.

How do i got it to work again?

Best regards
Ole
Hello Ole,
Some time ago, but I have the same problem. How did you fix this fault?

thanks,
Son

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
I live in Thailand and buy the clock in a TISSOT store in Bangkok. When this battery thing happen i of course went to the same store where i buy it. But they say they cant reset it. When i ask how they will solve it, they say i have to go to another TISSOT store in Bangkok. After 1 hours taxi trip and another hour to find the store, i got the message "Wa cant fix this". I get so upset so i leave before i hurt any one.

So actually i have not done anything more than buy a new OMEGA watch instead for 1700 USD. I miss my Tissot, but this was an expensive experience so i will never ever more buy a TISSOT watch because this is cheating if you cant change battery. I dont care if they say, Yeh but you can break the sealing so it must be done in Switzerland. I think every one know that, and that they do it on their own responsibility. I will never ever more buy a TISSOT watch, thats for sure. So sorry i cant help you. But if you find a solution, please let me know, i still keep it in a drawer.

Best regards Thronborg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts