WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
i have this watch for a few months now,and would like to know of anyone out there with the same if you have experienced any problems with it,e.g that continuing debate on the meteo function upsetting the true value in the altimeter and so on,its a great wear IMO,the backlight is excellent,i am babying it though,anyone wearing theirs as an everyday watch? by the way anyones titanium bracelet squeeking?? any ideas short of wd40:-d

·
Registered
77 Posts
Nice pics, thanks !

I have the same with elastomer band. I wear it every day, except for sport because the band is not very comfy when you sweat.....
I've try to find a titanium band but it's impossible to buy one.Even to find one as spare part.
My watch is very accurate and I'm verry happy with it.
No troubles for the moment. All data are the basically the same with my others ABC watches (casio and Suunto) and home alti-baro-thermo.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i see but do you have a variance in the altimeter e.g you preset it at sea level 0m then go to a point you know is 50m,the watch shows 50m,all seems well,then the next day your at the same spot and it shows 85m,and the thermo fuction has also changed due to weather conditions,am i doing something wrong? its just frustrating for such a nice watch not to mention the euros i coughed up for it

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
am i doing something wrong?
No your not. Unfortunately it would seem that they all fluctuate like this.

The watch looks like a tank on your wrist - looks great.

I wear mine most days and and it still looks great other than the clasp which is awash with desk diving marks. This may bother some but I'm fine with it as I knew full well before I bought it that Ti will scratch a fair bit.

One thing that is starting to concern me is that the bidirectional bezel is really quite loose now in both directions - loose in the sense that it wont turn if I shake it but only needs very little pressure to move it. Not a problem at the moment but I wouldn't want it any looser. Has anyone with else noticed this?

Anyway, enjoy yours and wear it in good health - dont baby it, wear it!

Nice pics BTW.

Jon

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi all,
i have this watch for a few months now,and would like to know of anyone out there with the same if you have experienced any problems with it,e.g that continuing debate on the meteo function upsetting the true value in the altimeter and so on,its a great wear IMO,the backlight is excellent,i am babying it though,anyone wearing theirs as an everyday watch? by the way anyones titanium bracelet squeeking?? any ideas short of wd40:-d
My bracelet is also squeeking - you could use WD40 (remove bracelet from the watch, spray with WD40, let it sit for a couple of hours, wash with warm soapy water, dry with paper towel, put it back on the watch)

Titanium attracts small scratches - there is nothing you can do about it. The good news is, that it is quite easy to remove scratches, and as a result you can restore to factory finish (with all scratches gone) easily.

There are various methods for scratch removal. I have tried using a green scotch pad, various polishing pastes etc.: all worked...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ah good stuff jon,i know i researched it a bit more and found this seems to affect alot of watches with these functions,so once the watch isnt faulty i dont mind fluctuations too much,to share a problem yes my bezel also feels funny,it was fine but now its easy and smooth turning it clockwise but anti clockwise is a little rougher feeling and sounding,just dont spin it too much would be my advice if you have made a habit of that like i do when im thinking or have idle hands,i wouldnt want mine any looser either

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
Loves my Expert,and no troubles with mine..The bracelet is a little squeaky,but not really bother some for me.If i get tired of the bracelet i can easily change out to a strap of some sorts..I use a fiberglass pen to get my scratches out,and it does a very nice job.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Loves my Expert,and no troubles with mine..The bracelet is a little squeaky,but not really bother some for me.If i get tired of the bracelet i can easily change out to a strap of some sorts..I use a fiberglass pen to get my scratches out,and it does a very nice job.
great pics mikeynd,thanks for the advice on the scratches,nice tip

1 - 10 of 10 Posts