WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was visiting Budapest and decided to take a walk last night without looking at a map. I went down this one street, then another, then another trying to find this one area I wanted to take pictures. I realized I didn't know where I was other than the street name. I looked at the map and found where I was, but which way should I walk?

I travel with my Tissot T-Touch whenever I know I'm going to be walking in a strange place. I put the T-Touch in compass mode and it indicated to me that I was walking in the wrong direction for what felt like an hour. I looked at the map and found I should walk east. After quite a few blocks I was back at the hotel. I never did go to the place I wanted to take pictures because it was getting really late by that point.

Moral of the story? Always carry a compass or at least look at a map before stepping out the door when in a strange location! ;-)

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
I was visiting Budapest and decided to take a walk last night without looking at a map. I went down this one street, then another, then another trying to find this one area I wanted to take pictures. I realized I didn't know where I was other than the street name. I looked at the map and found where I was, but which way should I walk?

I travel with my Tissot T-Touch whenever I know I'm going to be walking in a strange place. I put the T-Touch in compass mode and it indicated to me that I was walking in the wrong direction for what felt like an hour. I looked at the map and found I should walk east. After quite a few blocks I was back at the hotel. I never did go to the place I wanted to take pictures because it was getting really late by that point.

Moral of the story? Always carry a compass or at least look at a map before stepping out the door when in a strange location! ;-)
That reminds me of the time my motorcycle broke in Saigon and I had to walk it home, sans map or compass. Fortunately I had lived in that area awhile and had a vague idea of what direction to go.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You want to hear something funny? I walked the same route tonight with my wife and friends and I was only 3 blocks away from where I had originally wanted to go! If I had only looked at the map and looked for my destination instead of the hotel I would have seen that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts