WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching the forum and reading lots of posts to try to find something similar but I was unable to find it... Let me tell you.
I've bout a Hamilton Tachymiler about 4 months ago, I use it every day, and I'm really happy with it. Today I used the chronograph and when I reset it, the "seconds" hand, instead of going to it's original place and pointing at 12.00 o'clock, it pointed at 12.02.
I found it strange and started the chronograph again, then stopped it and the reset it. It went back to 12.02. When you star the chronograph again, its starts at the 2nd second, then goes to the 3rd and on...
After a few tries (I don't know what I was looking for, automatic rearrange??) the "seconds" hand pointed at 12.03, 12.05 and 12.07... Now when I reset the chronograph, it goes back to the 7th second.
Is there a way to correct this?
well, thanks a lot for everything!!

·
Registered
198 Posts
I've been searching the forum and reading lots of posts to try to find something similar but I was unable to find it... Let me tell you.
I've bout a Hamilton Tachymiler about 4 months ago, I use it every day, and I'm really happy with it. Today I used the chronograph and when I reset it, the "seconds" hand, instead of going to it's original place and pointing at 12.00 o'clock, it pointed at 12.02.
I found it strange and started the chronograph again, then stopped it and the reset it. It went back to 12.02. When you star the chronograph again, its starts at the 2nd second, then goes to the 3rd and on...
After a few tries (I don't know what I was looking for, automatic rearrange??) the "seconds" hand pointed at 12.03, 12.05 and 12.07... Now when I reset the chronograph, it goes back to the 7th second.
Is there a way to correct this?
well, thanks a lot for everything!!
Sorry to hear.
I had the same problem with another watch of mine. I made the mistake of pulling out the crown to set the watch and reset the chrono buttons. Once i set the time and pushed the crown back in, i resetted the chronograph again but this time the second hand did not line up correctly. Ultimately i had to send it out to a watch repair technician that covered this particular brands warranty. The watch came back fixed, but only slightly so. It lines up to 12:01/2 when i reset it now. I can live with that i suppose until the next servicing. However, i don't think i will be resending it back to the same reputable watch repair company for above reason and a couple more. I think they may have had someone practice their watch repair skills on my watch since the work came back sloppy.
Long story short....you need to send it in.
You brought back some sad memories. Sigh.
I hope this helps.
Randito

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Randito,
hey, sorry to hear that, but anyways, thanks for your kind and quick answer!
I'll send it to repair as you say so...

thanks again!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I had a 7750 that was doing this. My watchmaker fixed it very easily for $10 or $20.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts