Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Tag Aquaracer

Votes: 34 75.6%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Simple poll. I'm looking for a daily wearer, I like the movements in both watches, I have a 7" wrist, and price doesn't matter.So it mostly comes down to style, practicality, and comfort.

This will be the last watch I buy for awhile (I know, I know :))

Tag Aquaracer

vs.

Halios BlueRing

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
I would go with the Halios. I think it just flat out looks better than the Tag. Plus, Jason is in Canada, so you'll be supporting one of your own. He's also a hellofa nice guy to deal with.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I'd go with the Halios also. The TAG is not bad looking, but is just kind of plain looking for my tastes. The Halios is case is different than alot of other divers, I like that.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
The Halios. It's better looking than the original and doesn't look like it's trying to imitate something else like the new Tag.
I like the blue second hand and minute indices, different and understated. My one concern is that the bracelet may be a hard item to replace with those convex end pieces.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
The Tag by a mile for me. Don't care for the Halios' case, bracelet, dial, hands, or hour markers. The bezel looks too small for the watch too. Just my opinion but the Halios is not attractive at all...and my guess is if you ever tried to flip it you'd have a darn hard time. Still others may feel differently!

Cheers and good luck
NM

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
If you'd like something completely different, I can suggest the Ebel Sportwave Diver. Wonderful watch for the money.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
This is an interesting this or that. If you decide to get the Halios you won't have any problems flipping it if you decide it doesn't float your boat. Also, Jason is a fantastic guy to deal with and you would have to search far and wide to find anything said negative about him. The Halios is going to wear much larger than the Tag at 45mm so if this is an everyday wear watch you may want to take that into consideration. Bottom line is you just have to ask yourself if you want a unique watch with fantastic personal customer service and the knowledge of knowing that you probably won't see another one of these in the wild....or do you want a Sub style diver from a known Swiss company. The fit and finish will probably be a little nicer on the Tag, but you're also paying for that. The movements are a wash. The Halios comes shipped with a rubber strap and a bracelet which would provide some change throughout the year. Best of luck

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I chose the BlueRing. I agree with everything Smalls said. I don't think you'll have a hard time flipping the watch if it's not what you thought it would be.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
first, that aquaracer model you're looking is discontinued.

check out the new Aquaracer 300m which i'd chose over the other one that i don't know a thing about.

the aquaracer is timeless, excellent fit and finish and superb lume.

the Aquaracer is quality, 160 years of watchmaking experience in a very reputable brand.

not being disrespectful to the other one of course.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I'd go for the new Tag 300m. Nicest aguaracer to date.

·
Registered
400 Posts
The Halios is by far the nicer looking of the two watches. If your were to really use it for diving, it would obviously be easier to read under water. It looks some much more original in its design than the Tag. I'm sure both are fine watches, but the Halios is what I would buy.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Bluering by a mile|>

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Welcome! :-!

First post with a poll and interesting feedback, well done.

I am biased in that I am getting a BlueRing with the blue dial.

Here is a better picture of the BlueRing with the black dial.

A bit of an "unfair" this or that, as I believe the Tag may cost about twice the price of the BlueRing.

What was your target spending amount?

·
Registered
869 Posts
Even if they were the same price the Bluering is still the better looking watch
Bluering by a mile...it looks better and costs less ;-)

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Obviously TAG for me, since I just got this yesterday, and now I think it's the greatest thing ever, and will insist that it meets everyone's criteria, even when they're asking for suggestions on a blue digital with a good altimeter.

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
So, Bure, what's it going to be???

1 - 20 of 24 Posts