1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've finally narrowed down my choice (within my budget) to two:

1. Tag Carrera automatic WV211B
2. Tag Carrera automatic WV211M

Can anyone offer opinion or advice on either?

I have tried them both on and love them both.....

·
Registered
165 Posts
Can I say neither? Why did you choose that? What are you other thoughts?

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I've owned the (B) Tag Cal 5. It's a really nice piece given it's price. It also has a higher resale than the A version posted.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
"B" is the clear winner in my mind (the bezel on 'A' doesn't work for me). However, if 'B' had a black date display instead of white (or could be modded with one), I would like it even more...

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
I'm with everybody else. That WV211B is a nice option for a sharp looking, all-around sport watch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks all for your views, it would appear that you are unanimous!

I am being bought a watch as a wedding present. I do not intend on becoming a collector so wanted something timeless, recognisable and that can be worn on a daily basis for many years to come.

The older style carrera did not catch my eye at all until I tried it on. The newer style attracted me immediately. Whilst I like the diver style bezel I did have some reservations about the worded numbers around the outside and whether this would make the watch look dated in a few years time. The cutout date feature didn't bother me.

I guess now I need to choose between black or white face.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

I am being bought a watch as a wedding present. I do not intend on becoming a collector so wanted something timeless, recognisable and that can be worn on a daily basis for many years to come.

The older style carrera did not catch my eye at all until I tried it on. The newer style attracted me immediately. Whilst I like the diver style bezel I did have some reservations about the worded numbers around the outside and whether this would make the watch look dated in a few years time. The cutout date feature didn't bother me.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts

White/silver dials are more versatile than black ones.

·
Registered
31,481 Posts
Both dial colors look great on this watch, but a black dial tends to give you a little more versatility, as it can be both a sports look as well as pass for something dressier if needed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts