WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my Carrera on bracelet and love it but tried it on a 22mm dimodell leather strap. It looks good but far from original. To a point, I've removed the leather strap and put the watch back on bracelet :-(.

After seeing some pics online on the leather strap version, it seems the stock oem leather strap is actually curved around the lugs..not a straight cut like typical leather straps. Hence why with aftermarket straps, the long lugs are not filled up entirely leaving a visible gap between lug case/lugs. And the Carrera (day/date) does have loooooong flarred lugs.

Does anyone know a good source that sells curved leather straps?

Not a Tag strap but this is kinda what I'm talking about.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
The problem isnt the curved strap but rather the holes in the lugs being too far from the case.

Even with the strap pictured (or one similar) you will still have a large gap.

The style of the Carrera case is such that the long lugs accentuate the design.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After a week of heavy research, I came across this:
Black/red leather crocodile-effect strap 22/18 mm for Grand Carrera models listed below [TH-GC-01-0531] - £39.95 : TAG Heuer- Watch Strap World, Quality Watch Straps

Alan (owner) is a great guy to deal with and he said it should fit the Carrera as well with a oem fitting so I ordered it. I'll pair it with a 18mm 'breitling' style deployant I used on my Accutron previously. Went for the black with red stitches to match the red accented hands on the watch.

Awaiting the strap so I'll update this thread with pics upon arrival. Hopefully, this strap works like oem!!

By the way, my Carrera has been running within cosc in the 2 weeks I've had it now. Very happy with my first major watch purchase!

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got the strap in today. It came from UK so it took full 2 weeks to get delivered to me here in Cali.

In short.....the 'Grand Carrera' strap from "WatchStrapWorld" is PERFECTION!!! Very very close if not the closest you can get to OEM look without paying top dollar!

Strap is quite thick on lug end (approx 6mm) and then it tapers down to 3mm towards clasp so I was able to use a "Breitling style deployant clasp' that I used on my prev Accutron watch. Like OEM, this strap is curved and the holes are situated a little lower into the strap itself. Clearly, WSW is having these Tag straps customed to the OEM. I don't know the source but whoever's actually making these straps have done an excellent job.

The red stitching matches the red accented hands beautifully, IMO.

Very happy with the final look. Though I'm finding the clasp opens up too easily so I might order a quality clasp down the road.

Obligatory pics:
Stock bracelet (looks great but this is my daily wear watch so I'd like to 'preserve' the bracelet as much as I can....hence the switch to leather for everyday use):

Hopefully this helps other Carrera owners looking for an alternative yet cheaper leather strap :).

Reactions: Dr_Gonzo

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a few rally straps from watchstrapworld. I wanted a sporty replacement for the croc strap on my Carrera. He also sells them on ebay. I wasnt impressed with the quality. I ended up buying a gen rally strap from an ebay seller in Italy. He sells them for EUR 100. This looks good though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts