WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Premium watch, 7 months out of its 2 year warranty. Swan in it for the first time the other month (surface swim for 10 mins in the sea) and it let in water. Tag simply told me it needed £460 of work to put right (it wasn't condensation). I cannot believe that they were not concerned that one of their watches had performed so badly. Ive never had the back off so cannot understand why it leaked. I am currently liaising with Cust Serv to try and get them to pick k up the cost of repair but without luck so far. Any advice re my approach with Cust Serv would be appreciated

Attachments

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
It's unlucky but it happens, and the Carrera line is not ideally suited to swimming. Tag (and nearly all other watch manufacturers) recommend an annual pressure test to ensure ongoing water resistance. If you're out of warranty, then I doubt you'll have much luck persuading them to foot the bill if you haven't got evidence of doing this.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Yes that model has been discontinued for a couple of years so chances are a seal needed to be replaced. Best of luck in the repair...

·
Registered
748 Posts
I am looking for a the bracelet to fit this watch (model MA0782) if anyone has one to sell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I'm sorry this has happened to you but really, I would not swim with any mechanical watch whatsoever. IMO, it is not worth the risk.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts