WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

This is my first post. I'm owner of TAG WAH1111 but last time I saw Certina DS Diver and I think it is really nice watch. I thought about selling my TAG and buying new Certina but... That's are emotions also and Please help me to take this decision or not?

Thanks for comments!
Regards!
Kamil

·
Registered
5,951 Posts
The Certina is a diving watch. The TAG isn't. TAG probably has more brand value than the Certina but they're both well made and respected watches in their own right and will keep pretty good time. But I believe the Certina is automatic? Many prefer a mechanical timepiece but there are pros and cons. But I guess it really comes down to aesthetics and what you prefer.

If it's a dive watch you're after, though, you could probably pick up an automatic Christopher Ward C60 or C61 for about the same price or cheaper. I just bought one and think it's incredible for the price. No I don't work for them. I'm just really happy with it.
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
In my point of view, the F1 is the weak link of Tag Heuer, does the brand something of a disservice, and is little more than a cash cow to pay for the brand's huge advertising costs. The Certina is a solid mechanical diver and is more worthy of the cost paid. If you really want a Tag, save a bit more and get into an Aquaracer, or better still grab a preowned Monaco.

·
Banned
3,012 Posts
The Certina in my opinion wants to be a Tag.

Do not get me wrong I love the style of the Certina DS products and am sure they have their own right of passage but the Tag has a presence all its own.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.