WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many Yrs Ago (1987?) I Got A Tag-heuer 980.029 Watch. It Is Black W/ Gold. It Had A Black And Gold Band, However The Gold Plating Peeled/flacked Offthe Band After About 3 Yrs. I Replaced The Band With A Rubber Divers Band. I Personally Feel That The Band Was Defective, But As I Had Lost The Receipt I Had No Recource. Sorry But No Pics. It Still Runs, About -10 Sec A Day And I Can't Remember How Many Years Ago I Replaced The Battery. Do You Think A New Battery Will Bring It Back To Accurate Life. Any Thoughts On This Watch Would Be Helpful. The Crystal Seams To Be Slightly Off Color. How Do I Tell What The Crystal Is Made Of? If It Is Mineral, Acrylic,coated, Ect.
Thanks For Your Help

Stuart

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
If a quartz watch is losing that much time I'd say the movement is going bad. A battery change won't likely make much difference. You may want to look into getting the movement replaced.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would A Movement Replacement Be Considered Normal? Would I Go To A Reg Watcmaker Or To Mfg? Generic Movement? Approx Cost Mfg Vs Generic
Thanks For Your Help

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
You'd have to check with your local watch repair shop. I'm not sure what Tag Heuer used in its quartz watches but likely a Tag branded movement would be more expensive. Is it a chronograph?
Maybe our Tag experts could give better advice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts