WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 4815 Posts

·
Registered
18,181 Posts
I'm going to make this thread a sticky so we can put the authenticity questions in one spot. I hope this is a solution.... we'll see :)

Please post good pics.... text descriptions are not very useful. Pics of the movement are important!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: Fake busters thread: ask about authenticity in this thread!

Goodmorning,

First of all I wanna say: i'm from the Netherlands, and my english is okay, but not perfect;) I hope you will understand my questions.
Second: I wanna thank you for reading/answering my questions.

My Father died 2 years ago, and he left me some watches.
He was a big fan of collectable things. But you never where he get it from.

I have here a Vintage Tag Heuer watch, maybe you can help me out. I dont want to sell it, but i want to know the history about it.

• Is this watch a real TH watch?
  • Watch model is? Whats the name? Or the Number?
  • What year?
  • It's a quartz.
  • What is it worth? How much do i have to pay in a Jewelry in this condition
  • ​Can you tell me more about this item?

​Thank you for your time!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,253 Posts

Check out the Archived TAG Heuer Catalogs sticky. Go to the 1991 catalog and then go to picture/page 100. I think your watch is in the upper right hand corner of the photo.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Check out the Archived TAG Heuer Catalogs sticky. Go to the 1991 catalog and then go to picture/page 100. I think your watch is in the upper right hand corner of the photo.

thank you for your reply! I have found the right page, but now i only now what the model number is, nothing more right?
I Think im gonna google on it;)

·
Registered
18,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

We don't do valuations... too hard to be accurate on anything that is important. You can get an idea by looking at eBay listings, especially completed listings that actually sold.

I think this is a full lume dial.

Reactions: Honorshield

·
Registered
230 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts

thanks for the help.

here's another that i'm looking at... i've seen the grey face models of this have markings on the bezel (cjf2115 i think) but the black and white/silver dont? still deciding between an aquaracer and a link but if you can help me determine if this is real or fake, that'd be great! thanks
Auctiva Image Hosting

·
3,271 Posts

Eeeb, is that "is my TAG HEUER authentic thread gone ?!"

·
Registered
18,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Eeeb, is that "is my TAG HEUER authentic thread gone ?!"
It probably should be locked. But I haven't done it...

·
Registered
24 Posts

It probably should be locked. But I haven't done it...
Should i be posting this request elsewhere? i tried to do a decent search first just from my experience on other boards but if i missed something please let me know.

thanks

·
Registered
18,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

thanks for the help.

here's another that i'm looking at... i've seen the grey face models of this have markings on the bezel (cjf2115 i think) but the black and white/silver dont? still deciding between an aquaracer and a link but if you can help me determine if this is real or fake, that'd be great! thanks
Auctiva Image Hosting
I don't know if the lack of a display back is a problem... check the archived catalogs. No movement pic always bothers me...

·
3,271 Posts

cfprelude, there is a thread called "is my tag heuer authentic?" that was used for these issues. But that thread became so long and many people were posting individual threads for their authenticity questions. Our moderator Eeeb has now created this thread here and your post is in a good place. Thanks for asking and you are very welcome to the forum!

Should i be posting this request elsewhere? i tried to do a decent search first just from my experience on other boards but if i missed something please let me know.

thanks

Reactions: cfprelude

·
Registered
18,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

A person of few words... I'll let the Indy 500 owners say on this.

·
Registered
690 Posts

genuine but with some nasty scratches on the case back where somebody has been careless

·
Registered
9 Posts

Hello,

I am currently looking at this pre-owned Tag watch. Please see photographs below. I was wondering if this watch is a replica or genuine? Thank you in advance for your time and help!

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts

Here is a link to the eBay auction for more photographs if the above is not sufficient. Been searching for a watch since I first signed up on WUS back in March 2011. It's funny how your budget starts off at $500 and one year after it ballons to $1k! -_-. Thank you again for your time and help, it is much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts

Tag Heuer Professional 200m - I bought this as my first tag, from Japan. I didn't realise how small it was, I think it must be a ladies; a Japanese ladies at that as the bracelet is pretty small. Hopefully it's real?

·
Registered
18,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

This is an ISA quartz movement. I do not recall any TAGHeuer with ISA movements. I suspect it is a fake advertised as having a 'Swiss Movement' so they can charge more for the fake.

Others may know more.

1 - 20 of 4815 Posts