WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
4701 - 4720 of 4815 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Listen, I wish you the best. As I do every person that captures the naivety of people that refuse to do their homework. But you can’t complain when someone suggests that people should go to a legit, real pro to make sure what they read on an Internet forum is true. It’s a forum and it can be very entertaining but people..... don’t just take the word of some random guy on an Internet forum. You’d agree with that, wouldn’t you jamesbiz? Or would you suggest that your word is final?
How would anyone know if you are right or wrong in your accusations of fake watches? Because you claim, “I’ve never been wrong” and other non-proven phrases? I wish it was that easy to become an expert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My word IS final, actually. lol . So yes, I would suggest that. Because I will NOT give my word unless I'm 100% sure without even the TINEST of a doubt that the watch is a fake, based on VERY CLEAR and UNDENIABLE evidence that I can easily see from the pictures. If I have any doubt at all, I will not give my word, and I will suggest to go to an expert. Send it to tag heuer if you want. I have multiple times. I also tell people to do that actually. It's free, but takes a little time, but I've suggested it quite a lot. But you keep calling people naive, for daring to believe my word, and it's extremely insulting, to both them, and me.

And again, fine. I've never proven to be wrong. Happy? Does that fullfill my accuracy obligation to you? Show me where I've been wrong. Prove me wrong. I've been proven right many many times. Yet you come on here telling me I'm not an expert and people shouldn't trust my word, and that I haven't proven myself to never have been wrong? You're the one that made the accusation. It's on YOU, not ME.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I would trust an AD less than some guy on the internet.
I would gather information from various sources and come up with a logical conclusion. You might call it “several second opinions”. I would not rely on one person’s opinion for anything. Especially if they are against getting a second opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
An AD, literally has no reason to have ANY experience in authenticating a watch, and they are not even ALLOWED to do so. They are required to send it to tag. So I'm glad we agree that we'd both trust an AD less than some guy on the internet.

And again, I've never EVER suggested not getting a second opinion, let alone been against it. You can go through my posts. You won't find a single instance of such. I'd never force someone to take my word. What point I was making tho was that those second opinions you're mentioning, have no reason to be capable of authenticating anything. They aren't experts in that. Trust me, I've actually tested plenty of them. They are completely clueless. They know their job, and that's it.

So gather your various sources of information. I don't care. I've never tried to stop anyone from doing that. Make up your own mind. I'm not here to make up someones mind for them. I provide information, and they can then look into that information themselves.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I don't think I was rude. At least I wasn't trying to be rude. I think he was.
I'm sorry, but, you honestly don't see how you were rude? You think I'M the rude one in this scenario? zedotzed did an excellent analysis of why you were the offending party here, and my (albeit emotional) response was justified. I have nothing to gain from the countless hours I've spent helping. I like this community. I like helping people. I'm on this forum and on calibre 11. aside from the close friends I have in person, the only other social time I spend, is on HERE. So I've grown close to the people here, as you can see from their quite personal defense of me. When you come on here calling them crazy for believing the people on here, and essentially claiming these people are being scammed, and then personally insulting me by calling me a self professed guru? You don't find any of that rude? Really tho?

And just to reiteret my earlier point. I AM a legit horologist. I was literally born into this. As was my father. And his father. I am a 4th generation horologist. Sure, I could be lying, as I'm sure you've already thought. Not that it would change anything, as even if I was lying, I must be an amazing con artist lol.

We all have our expertise tho. My father is an expert at repairing any watch he touches. But he can not authenticate, despite having 50 years more experience than me. I would never even attempt to authentic rolex, or breitling, or most any other brand, let alone from pictures alone. But I am an expert in what I've claimed, and SHOWN I'm an expert in. Nothing more, nothing less.

·
Registered
784 Posts
That store has really good reviews and it’s also Japanese. I doubt they let any fake watches through but you can’t be too careful haha I just wanted to be100% sure
I have never spotted a fake on any of the japanese sellers of watches. They are meticulous, and almost always post real and plentiful pictures. In fact, I'm always surprised when I spend time looking for signs, and can't find any. I can typically spot a japanese seller from their pics alone now lol, cause I got tired of wasting so much time trying to authentic their watches!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
My word IS final, actually. lol . So yes, I would suggest that. Because I will NOT give my word unless I'm 100% sure without even the TINEST of a doubt that the watch is a fake, based on VERY CLEAR and UNDENIABLE evidence that I can easily see from the pictures. If I have any doubt at all, I will not give my word, and I will suggest to go to an expert. Send it to tag heuer if you want. I have multiple times. I also tell people to do that actually. It's free, but takes a little time, but I've suggested it quite a lot. But you keep calling people naive, for daring to believe my word, and it's extremely insulting, to both them, and me.

And again, fine. I've never proven to be wrong. Happy? Does that fullfill my accuracy obligation to you? Show me where I've been wrong. Prove me wrong. I've been proven right many many times. Yet you come on here telling me I'm not an expert and people shouldn't trust my word, and that I haven't proven myself to never have been wrong? You're the one that made the accusation. It's on YOU, not ME.

I am also an expert. 35 years in the business. 2nd generation at dealing with charlatans and con artists and being an expert, I can admit that I've been wrong from time to time (as all REAL experts will admit). All I am doing here is making sure people do their homework and don't just trust the word of "some guy" on the internet when trying to verify the legitimacy of their watch. Your word might be a good start but in no way final.
You can get as insulted and emotional as you want when someone suggests they shouldn't trust only the word of one guy on the internet but it is a good sign that I might just be correct in my assumption.
I don't have to prove that you have ever been wrong in your guesses about a watch being fake. I've never said that you were wrong. They are just guesses, right? No expert horologist decides the 100% legitimacy of a watch by a photo.

You have no obligation to me. Maybe to the members of the forum that put 100% of their trust in your word but not precisely to me.
I would not recommend anyone take my word or your word as being 100% accurate in either of our "expertise" since this is only a forum on the internet. Again, buyer beware. Do your homework here, there and everywhere before buying. I only ask people to question how anyone on the internet could verify the legitimacy of a watch by only looking at a photo and never being able to prove they were correct. Why has no one ever asked you for proof that a watch was not legit? Maybe ask yourself that question. It would be nice for you prove you haven't ever been wrong but of course that's as impossible as me proving you have been wrong.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello, first post here. I purchased this Tag off of reddit using paypal G&S. Afterwards I got super paranoid that it is fake. Wondering if anyone could help me out. I know I should've done research before. I'm an idiot lol Thanks in advance!
Watch Analog watch Light Clock Everyday carry
Watch Analog watch Clock Everyday carry Wrist

·
Registered
2 Posts
So, I found someone auction this online.

The seller claims that it is original with some parts replaced. He does not tell the reference number for this model, but with google search, I identify this as a 972.006(x) model. No photo of the movement inside so far, nor of the backcase.

On the dial It says "professional", "200 meters" and "T SWISS MADE T" with sharp prints. But the font used for "professional" seems different from the one used on the 972.006F which has the same dial layout + colorful "Tag Heuer" logo www.watchuseek.com . However, i the font is the same one which is used by 972.013 watchcharts.com

These are the details given by seller about the watch:
  • "Screw down, non-original crown" (*my comment: yes, no Tag Heuer logo on that)
  • "Bracelet" (*: the seller does not mention whether it is original bracelet or not. Judging from the video, those are folded links, not solid).

The seller does not give any detail about the bezel nor the hands. From my observation, the hands seems to be replaced (different minute hand design and suspicious "dotted" end on the second hand which never exists on this model). Also there is weird lume pip on the bezel which, again, is uncommon for this model.

Any opinion?

Here are the pictures:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, i just bought this watch at a flea market and i was wondering if its fake and what his value is.
The glass looks to be sapphire, no visible scratches on the front or the back.
Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
775 Posts
why'd this thread die off. No one buying fakes anymore? lol .

What am I supposed to do with my time???
Sorry James but there just aren't enough people finding watches in attics or elderly relatives dying and passing on mint Tag Heuers and other luxury watches.🤔👀

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello guys!
Recently bought this Tag Heuer 1000 professional. Almost certain its a real one, but not 100% sure. Also got the ‘original papers’ with it, but they could be part of a different Tag Heuer. Can someone give me confirmation? Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
5,940 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Hello guys. I know nothing about TAG. Does this CV2014-2 look geniune? It is very hard to photograph as the dial is soo reflective. I have tested the crystal and it looks like sapphire at least.

4701 - 4720 of 4815 Posts