Looks fine from the photos.

Buy the seller.

·
Registered
16,955 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Ugh, i hate that i am having to post in this thread... i purchased this from a reputable online seller that has a brick and mortar jewelry store.

What brings me concern is the bezel. The dashes in the bezel do not align with the outer raised chrome portions.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
5,940 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
I am far from an expert on these, but I do believe that one might be fake unfortunately. @jamesbiz - what say you?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's a fake. I searched the serial number and this "new" watch's warranty was registered in 2017. I'll contact the vendor tomorrow. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Ugh, i hate that i am having to post in this thread... i purchased this from a reputable online seller that has a brick and mortar jewelry store.

What brings me concern is the bezel. The dashes in the bezel do not align with the outer raised chrome portions.

Thoughts?

View attachment 15951899
View attachment 15951901 View attachment 15951902
The bezel issue just appears to be that the insert was glued in crooked. Not that TH themselves don't do **** work sometimes. Trust me.... they do. But the bezel dot is definitely wrong, at least from the pictures you provided, as it's a little hard to see. Have you sized the bracelet? Because the fakes always have the wrong pins and tubes. A new watch can have an old warranty. Technically it's considered preowned... but only technically. If it hasn't been worn, then it's still new. Or how they do with cars, even if a dealer drives it 1000's of miles, it's still new until it's registered. In an opposite scenario, this watch would have been registered, and then just not worn. But it's still fishy, and I'd definitely need to get more info from the vendor. Find out where he bought it. He'd have to have bought it from an individual. Does the warranty info at least show the same model of watch? Because often, the serial is for a completely different watch. Of course tho, any chinese factory can easily look up forum posts and grab valid serial numbers

·
Registered
164 Posts
The bezel issue just appears to be that the insert was glued in crooked. Not that TH themselves don't do **** work sometimes. Trust me.... they do. But the bezel dot is definitely wrong, at least from the pictures you provided, as it's a little hard to see. Have you sized the bracelet? Because the fakes always have the wrong pins and tubes. A new watch can have an old warranty. Technically it's considered preowned... but only technically. If it hasn't been worn, then it's still new. Or how they do with cars, even if a dealer drives it 1000's of miles, it's still new until it's registered. In an opposite scenario, this watch would have been registered, and then just not worn. But it's still fishy, and I'd definitely need to get more info from the vendor. Find out where he bought it. He'd have to have bought it from an individual. Does the warranty info at least show the same model of watch? Because often, the serial is for a completely different watch. Of course tho, any chinese factory can easily look up forum posts and grab valid serial numbers
Thanks for the response. Fortunately I told the dealer of my suspicions and although they were less than thrilled and didn't agree with me, I got my money back.

Other than the misalignment, the cyclops was off a hair. I also thought the lume dot was off. Other images online show a slight ring around the pip and this one didn't seem to have it.

I was able to verify with Tag over the phone that the watch (well the serial number anyways) was warrantied in 2017 in another country.

I shared all of this with the seller and he "promised" to have the watch verified by Tag...

One question though, I have seen some comment on the plastic sticker or wrap being a giveaway on a fake. What exactly is it? I have seen Tags wrapped in blue or clear plastic. Can they come either way?

·
Registered
16,955 Posts
Thanks for the response. Fortunately I told the dealer of my suspicions and although they were less than thrilled and didn't agree with me, I got my money back.

Other than the misalignment, the cyclops was off a hair. I also thought the lume dot was off. Other images online show a slight ring around the pip and this one didn't seem to have it.

I was able to verify with Tag over the phone that the watch (well the serial number anyways) was warrantied in 2017 in another country.

I shared all of this with the seller and he "promised" to have the watch verified by Tag...

One question though, I have seen some comment on the plastic sticker or wrap being a giveaway on a fake. What exactly is it? I have seen Tags wrapped in blue or clear plastic. Can they come either way?
Glad you got your money back.

Evasive seller is a big ???? so probably the best outcome for you...

SoOoO many watches, SoOoO little time...

·
Registered
784 Posts

It's the way it's wrapped. It's hard to explain. Tag heuer has strips of clear plastic. Fakes have large sections that wrap around and fold over itself. Does that make sense?

·
Registered
784 Posts
examples. I can't find a real one to show you. Hard to google this lol. And I'm a bit swamped

·
Registered
16,955 Posts
Imgur album of the watch linked here, since I didn't want to clutter the post

Hey y'all, I'm eyeballing this "Kirium" WL5110, and was wondering if anyone could give any tips on authenticity? Seller says he has the box (although no guarantee card), as well as service records from a TAG retailer.

Let me know if any further images or information is necessary. I highly appreciate the input!
Pictures seem fine, but matching documents would be the clincher. Pretty simple to contact the retailer or Tag Heuer to verify the service records so you should ask for them prior to purchase…

SoOoO many watches SoOoO little time...

·
Registered
784 Posts
Imgur album of the watch linked here, since I didn't want to clutter the post

Hey y'all, I'm eyeballing this "Kirium" WL5110, and was wondering if anyone could give any tips on authenticity? Seller says he has the box (although no guarantee card), as well as service records from a TAG retailer.

Let me know if any further images or information is necessary. I highly appreciate the input!
It's real. They never made good counterfeits of this watch. When you get a fake kirium, you KNOW you have a fake kirium.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Found this watch online in my country. Price is 4x lower then retail... too good to be true so I personaly give 99% its fake, but just wanted to post it here to get some opinions.
No original box. Wristband doesnt look legit. When checking watch serial on TH site it couldnt be found.
TAG Heuer XCAZ2011

Photos:
(Sorry for photos quality, but thats all I got)
Automotive lighting Luggage and bags Tartan Bumper Bag
Watch Analog watch Clock Font Watch accessory
Watch Light Material property Wrist Clock

·
Registered
5,940 Posts

·
Registered
16,955 Posts
Yep, fake for sure
Found this watch online in my country. Price is 4x lower then retail... too good to be true so I personaly give 99% its fake, but just wanted to post it here to get some opinions.
No original box. Wristband doesnt look legit. When checking watch serial on TH site it couldnt be found.
TAG Heuer XCAZ2011

Photos:
(Sorry for photos quality, but thats all I got)
View attachment 16010915 View attachment 16010916 View attachment 16010917
I concur with the opinion of our esteemed member above...

SoOoO many watches, SoOoO little time...

4721 - 4740 of 4815 Posts