1,394 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Reactions: Watchaddict92

·
Registered
16,938 Posts
For $90, almost certainly it is fake. Remember, if the price is too good to be true.....

Also, a Calibre 16 TAG Heuer is a mechanical watch, so it wouldn't need a new battery.
Photography is brilliant.

Captures the 100m water resistance on the dial and the 50m water resistance on the case back beautifully despite the carefully placed reflected glare...

SoOoO many watches, SoOoO little time...

·
Registered
784 Posts
so guys, check this one out.

Clearly a fake that was sold. He has many other fakes that he is selling. Big seller too. The worst part? This watch was under the authenticity gauruntee. So the people ebay is sending the watches too, are morons. How exactly are they authenticating the watches? Open the case and see the movement? As we all know now, the movements are correct. So you can't even trust this anymore!!

·
Registered
772 Posts
so guys, check this one out.

Clearly a fake that was sold. He has many other fakes that he is selling. Big seller too. The worst part? This watch was under the authenticity gauruntee. So the people ebay is sending the watches too, are morons. How exactly are they authenticating the watches? Open the case and see the movement? As we all know now, the movements are correct. So you can't even trust this anymore!!
If that's a fake then it would definitely fool me.
It'd have to be an AD as far a Tag is concerned

·
Registered
784 Posts
If that's a fake then it would definitely fool me.
It'd have to be an AD as far a Tag is concerned
Look at the plastic wrap. The completely full sticker tag on a brand new watch. Blank warranty card. The box with the black edging on the inside, that's supposed to be thick and flat, but is thin and flimsy.
I believe the tag heuer logo badge on the dial, is supposed to end slightly below the little bezel lines, rather than ending inside of it.
Bezel pips are a little harder to tell on these, but you can see how it's flat and dull and no separation between it and the bezel insert.
Compared to how it should look.

And of course, the other watches he sells, that are easier to see.

Actually, that one isn't as easy. because he uses real pics, and puts in the pics of his own watch, but from far away and blurry. But you can see the bezel pip.

And of course there is no reason why this random seller would have such unlimited access to brand new unwarrantied tag heuer watches. And of course, he only sells the same exact models that are typically being sold by these fake sellers. Notice they never have carreras?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Would have to see better pictures, but I think it looks OK. Have you checked the serial number out on the TAG website?
Hi I did check the Tag website for the serial number and nothing comes up. According to the papers included, the watch was originally bought on January 2016 so probably that’s why it is not showing up because the warranty is expired? And also I found it odd that the warranty card is blank.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Hi I did check the Tag website for the serial number and nothing comes up. According to the papers included, the watch was originally bought on January 2016 so probably that’s why it is not showing up because the warranty is expired? And also I found it odd that the warranty card is blank.
it just means gray market, so it would not up in up warranty searches. Expired warranty would still have record on the site if it was registered.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Found this watch online in my country. Price is 4x lower then retail... too good to be true so I personaly give 99% its fake, but just wanted to post it here to get some opinions.
No original box. Wristband doesnt look legit. When checking watch serial on TH site it couldnt be found.
TAG Heuer XCAZ2011

Photos:
(Sorry for photos quality, but thats all I got)
View attachment 16010915 View attachment 16010916 View attachment 16010917
The HEUER logo looks like a preschooler engraved it. Also the Bezel markings look like **** especially the tiny 70 and larger 65 and TACHYMETRE are all sloppy.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Reactions: Turpinr

·
Registered
772 Posts
I've got an older Aquaracer calibre 5 bought from an AD in Manchester England.
If I wanted a new one it'd have to be from the same source as i couldn't tell genuine from fake.
The usual tell for me is the bezel lume pip, after that I'd be lost.🤔

4741 - 4760 of 4815 Posts