WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've been personally looking at this beautiful Aquaracer for some time. The ceramic bezel is gorgeous and although I'm also not a huge cyclops fan, I think the dial and crystal looks great!

Can be had at Jomashop for only $1650 which is really a killer deal.

I actually like the clasp-- glad it's all machined and not sheet-metal parts like past models (and even many Submariners!).

Some pics to add:

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
I like the new aquaracer. Great bezel design but not a fan of clasp and horizontal lines on the dial.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Does anyone know what else has been changed on new models? The lume looks pretty strong, was that the case with the previous models also? I am very temped to buy this new model, however i've seen a lot of people complaining about the crown problems. Any info on a crown on new models? If this issue has not been addressed with the new model, it is kind of a deal breaker for me.
Thanks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Congrats on your new watch. Very nice picture. As of the moment I am leaning more towards the Seamaster. Don't really like the idea of babying a 2k diving watch. That is if they still didnt fix it. If they did, it is a wonderful watch.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Skyline89,
Hey, I really cannot comment on if the past issues have been fixed. And though I baby it, it is possible that I really do not need to. But at the same time, I am not the type to be rough with models that do not require babying either. I think you would be fine if you purchased a Tag Aquaracer.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
I just bought the same model but in chrono (obviously bigger and thicker).

Crown/stem appears to be solid. I've owned the older day/date AR in the past and the newer ceremic model trumps it in a lot of ways. The other cool thing is the lume is actually 2 tone...blue, green.

I'm wearing my chrono on a 22mm orange Obris Morgan strap for now. Love the watch and hope to enjoy it down the years to come.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
I just bought the same model but in chrono (obviously bigger and thicker).

Crown/stem appears to be solid. I've owned the older day/date AR in the past and the newer ceremic model trumps it in a lot of ways. The other cool thing is the lume is actually 2 tone...blue, green.

I'm wearing my chrono on a 22mm orange Obris Morgan strap for now. Love the watch and hope to enjoy it down the years to come.

Love it on that strap! Contemplating picking one up as a sport/drunk watch haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Though its ceramic bezel looks nicer compared to my aluminum bezel WAN2110, I still prefer the overall design of the WAN2110.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Any more pics? Considering this as a beater, cottage type active watch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
First time poster here. Been a lurker for quite sometime and figured I would share my recent purchase. The WAY211C-BA0928. Can't be happier with the purchase so far. It's gorgeous. The bezel and face is a slightly dark blue with horizontal lines. A hint of bright orange on the second hand and the word CALIBRE 5.
Watch Analog watch Wrist Watch accessory Fashion accessory Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

·
Registered
735 Posts
Congrats Tangostream!

For the sake of unearthing an older thread...I'm very close to pulling the trigger on the WAY211A.BA0928 myself. I had been debating between this TAG and the Omega Seamaster Diver 300m, and have really landed upon the TAG Aquaracer 300m. The TAG checks off the boxes for me in what had originally attracted me to the Omega, and at a significantly reduced price.

Anyone with the new ceramic Aquaracer end up with any crown concerns? I have a 2014 Formula 1 Calibre 5, and haven't noticed any crown issues with that one.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just purchased one. Have used it for a week. It's been in the pool, ocean, on 40 ft dives and my daily wear. I find it very versatile. Love this watch!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts