WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been looking into my first real timepiece purchase and have fallen in love with the Tag Heuer Carrera WV211B (black face). Since I have never purchased a watch this expensive I would like some opinions.

1. At Jerrod's Jewelry in Portland Oregon it is $1600. They told me they don't have sales they just sell for below MSRP. How much more do you think I could get them down reasonable? How much have you all been able to get this watch for? I've never bartered for a watch before so not sure how much people typically go down.

2. Should I go for a physical location as opposed to a reputable internet dealer where I can get it for $1400?

3. I can get a used one off Ebay from 2006 with all the papers for $700 shipped. What is your opinion on buying used watches over ebay if the dealer has good feedback and it was his personal watch (not a re-seller)? Also, will this be the same watch as one I buy now in 2010 or does Tag change things about models throughout the years?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I don't think Jerrod's will come down much. I recommend looking at it in person though. You can ask if they will price match the internet store.

If the site is legitimate then by all means save the money and get it online. Another benefit is no taxes online (usually).

IMHO, I would stay away from eBay. If you decide on the bay, check the return policy and take it to get appraised to make sure it is real.

I'm not a TAG expert, but usually they change the styling and move the dials around (nothing major). Maybe a TAG expert can comment on this?

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Jared's prices are a bit high when it comes to TAGs. Try different AD's. I got my WV211B for much less than I found at Jared.

If I were to do it again I would probably go grey, and buy online. Probably not ebay, but there are god deals out there on ebay. Look on this websites sales section. I saw a few up here for around 800-900.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts