WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The watch used change the date, as it should, at midnight but I just noticed last night that it now waits until 3:00 am... Does anyone have any ideas how this happened or how to fix it?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
18,166 Posts
A watchmaker can adjust it... It is controlled by a set of levers and the like that are semi fragile.

I adjusted this once by removing the hour hand and placing it "correctly"... but all movements seem to vary a bit on how the date changes. In my collection only the digitals and the 2892-A2 based watches hit the date change at midnight with a quick snap.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
What model carrera is it? You can test the date advance by pulling the crown to time setting position and rotate your hands 24 hours to determine exactly when the date is advanced. If it's the Carrera chrono automatic that uses the Calibre 16 movement, don't adjust the date using the crown quick date set feature between the hours of 9 - 3 otherwise you risk damaging the date advance mechanism.

If there is no damage to the movement, a watchmaker can readjust the hands so the date advances closer to midnight. Why this happened in the first place, no sure but something is not right. The date advance time should not have changed unless there is damage or the watch was serviced and the hands re-installed in the wrong position.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's the CV2014-1, caliber 16 model. I'm afraid I have used the quick date adjust feature carelessly or, in other words, between those hours which may caused its current state. I rotated the hands forward to find the exact time the date changes and noticed it starts at 3 am but doesn't fully complete until 4 am!

Am I going to have to send this to the New Jersey service center to have this repaired or can anyone watch repair shop make this correction? Any other input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I think it's normal to take about 1 hour to complete the date change. Any local watch repair experienced with the ETA 7750 movement can make the necessary repair. If nothing is damaged, it could be as simple as removing and refitting the hands.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts