WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Editor
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a great watch! The movement is amazing and price isn't that bad either.

·
Registered
690 Posts
The movement is amazing

why is the movement amazing?.

It has its origins in japan so not a true in house movement (imo).It hasn't been tried and tested yet as its a new movement.It may well look nice and perform well.But time and history will be a better judge if its an amazing movement or not.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
This is beautiful, but I'd like to see how the movement works out before dropping coin on it. On another note, Tag really messed up this watch when they moved the markers to the dial.

·
Registered
690 Posts
What other functions should it do to be amazing?
not functions but qualities it should have to be considered an amazing movement

in my book to be an amazing movement it would have to be robust,reliable,accurate,be able to be modifyied i.e moonphase,perpetual calenders,and easy to be worked on or repaired.

the valjoux 7750 does this,were as this new movement which tag heuer are using as a replacement for the 7750 remain to be seen.

that's why for me at this stage i wouldn't say it is amazing movement.

maybe it may become one.But for now i would hold off describing it as amazing (imo).

·
Registered
232 Posts

It has its origins in japan so not a true in house movement (imo).It hasn't been tried and tested yet as its a new movement.It may well look nice and perform well.But time and history will be a better judge if its an amazing movement or not.
It's not a true in house but it looks 10X better than the most of the automatic ETA.
Also 6S37 is suppose to be pretty high up in Seiko's chrono line. 6S37 is the derivation of the 8L line and the other derivation of the 8L line is the 9S which is the Grand Seiko.
So if Tag actually improved the 6S37....then it would be really promising as the 9S(?) or in between 6S37 and the 9S.
Last of all you won't be one of the John Doe ETA users.

·
Registered
484 Posts

Give this a read if you haven't. Call it what you want but I think the 1887 deserves some (perhaps not complete) respect with regard to its origins. It's far from a re-labeled Seiko movement.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Give this a read if you haven't. Call it what you want but I think the 1887 deserves some (perhaps not complete) respect with regard to its origins. It's far from a re-labeled Seiko movement.
I don't think decipher was saying it's a straight relabel...but it's def. not a true in house either. It's like what Omega did to their coaxial on ETA 2892.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts