WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Im new to this forum. I inherited a Tag Heuer Aquaracer watch. Quite a lot of scratches. Gave it a clean and light polish. We notice some copper colour showing thru on the bracelet and on the case, where there has been wear and rubbing. What is this ? Are the not solid stainless steel ? Fixable ? Suggestion. (Yes, I know crown missing, on order) Thanks
all.

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
Got any full pictures of the watch? Hard to tell what's happening. Aquaracers are always made from steel; and even the vintage ones have crown guards, which this one doesn't. The last time T-H made anything out of base metal was the mid 1980s, with the entry-level and very short-lived 980.043.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got any full pictures of the watch? Hard to tell what's happening. Aquaracers are always made from steel; and even the vintage ones have crown guards, which this one doesn't. The last time T-H made anything out of base metal was the mid 1980s, with the entry-level and very short-lived 980.043.
I see .. from the front, looks OK,
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Attachments

·
Registered
7,741 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That doesn't look like a 2008 or later Aquaracer. That particular watch looks like it's from the 1990s at the latest. When I searched on the reference printed on the hang tag, I get a very different watch.

WAF2111.BA0806 : TAG Heuer Aquaracer 300M Calibre 5 38.4 Stainless Steel / Silver / Bracelet » WatchBase.com

I think the box and other papers you have are for a different watch.

Is there any model information on the case back?
OK, that makes sense ... see pic. So most likely, its not a WAF2111 ???
Watch Metal Font Silver Brand

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Hate to tell you this, but your watch is fake. Had some suspicions, but the case back confirms it.

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
The 964-013 is the model number, but the 964-013 is a different watch. This has either had a caseback from that model, or it's a fake. It looks a little like the TAG-Heuer 6000 (top left), especially the lug treatment, but even that model always had crown guards.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
The 964-013 is the model number, but the 964-013 is a different watch. This has either had a caseback from that model, or it's a fake. It looks a little like the TAG-Heuer 6000 (top left), especially the lug treatment, but even that model always had crown guards.

View attachment 15502159
It's fake. There is a glaring error on the case back.

·
Premium Member
9,653 Posts
Apparently, the reference number 964-013 for a replica/fake TAG Heuer S/el series has been kicking around for some time. Such a TAG Heuer w/reference number 964-013 was addressed on the TAG Heuer forum back in 2008.

·
Premium Member
38,846 Posts
Real or not, if it has sentimental value to you, wear and enjoy it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts