WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

Just picked up a F1 (WAC1113.BA0850) and want to know which Quartz movement it has? I not sure if it's the G10 4 Jewel or the G15 6 Jewel. I know the only difference is the size of the movement, but can't find which on they used in this 40mm 3 hand model. Thanks

image_2_2.jpeg image_2_2_2.jpeg image_2_2_2_2.jpeg

·
Registered
18,166 Posts
While not as easy as asking us, there is one other fairly easy way of determining what movement is in a watch you own. And that answer is definitive!! ... and it is likely the only way to know for sure as TAG has been known to change the quartz movements being used without much fanfare.

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
G10 and G15 movements are chronos. I don't know all the quartz movmements and as Eeeb said changes are made without notice but I "think" it's an ETA 511.xxx.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
G10 and G15 movements are chronos. I don't know all the quartz movmements and as Eeeb said changes are made without notice but I "think" it's an ETA 511.xxx.
You are right! Both are Chronos, and I know that! I don't know what I was thinking! Boy, now I feel really stupid! Thank you for make my Brain work and come back!! lol. I think you are right, ETA 511.xxx. That is why I can't find it. I was thinking of the Chrono. model F1. Now I will look for the right movement in this. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's most likely an eta 955.112 or F06.111.
Great, Thank you! I think I will call my AD and ask my watch guy there to find out for sure, but thank you for the input!! It's not really that important as it works perfectly, but just like to know what in my watches!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
The only way to know for sure is to open the case and look. Tag switched from using the 955 series to the less expensive F series sometime after 2000. About the same time period your watch was produced.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The only way to know for sure is to open the case and look. Tag switched from using the 955 series to the less expensive F series sometime after 2000. About the same time period your watch was produced.
Thanks Buddy, I just might have to do that!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts