WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have been following this forum for al little while and just subscribed to it.

Nice to read topics from other Tag Heuer fans.

I am a big fan of the F1 chrono´s and especially the first generation. I recently bought two wich still have to arrive.
I can´t quite figure out wich serial numbers they carry.
For so far I think it must be following:
470.513 blue dial, blue strap and blue bezel F1 chrono
471.513 black dial, black strap and black bezel F1 chrono
472.513 kaki dial, orange strap and orange bezel F1 chrono (recently purchased)
473.513 ?
474.513 kaki dial, red strap and red bezel F1 chrono (recently purchased)

Is there any one who knows a little bit more about this first series F1´s.

Thanks !

Attachments

·
Registered
836 Posts
Happy to chime in here.

What you've listed are model numbers.

Re: Serial Numbers....While I've never seen an official TAG record on the issue, from my experience many of the early TAG models did not have serial number on the outside of the case back or at all. I've handled about 5 different 1st issue F1 Chronos and have never seen serial numbers anywhere.

I have no guess why, but they just don't have them. The non chono F1 never had serial numbers until the re-introduction in 2003.

Anyone else have any info?

BTW: I've never seen the orange version. Maybe you can post pics of the other two when they arrive. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,

David

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much.

You are absolutely right, I ment model numbers.

I will wait for the arrival of the watches and compare them. I definitely will share the pics with you. Perhaps there really is just a red model and not a orange, they are difficult colours for photography.

I hope I can post some pics next week.

Cheers, Mark

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
These watches are fairly rare. I've owned a few over the years and couldn't find much information on them. Tag Heuer in NJ would not service them. The movement is very obscure. Never could find the maker of the movement.

My blue model is on the left.

Attachments

·
Registered
18,181 Posts
These watches are fairly rare. I've owned a few over the years and couldn't find much information on them. Tag Heuer in NJ would not service them. The movement is very obscure. Never could find the maker of the movement.

My blue model is on the left.
Post some pics of the movement. I bet we can ID it.

·
Registered
18,181 Posts
Ronda Cal 50/51/52 Since Ronda Harley (RH) does not have much archive around on the net so which model is difficult to determine. Ronda specializes in Swiss made quartz movements and TAG has been a customer of theirs for years.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I figured it was a Ronda, but must be a rare and short lived movement. I can not find any info or parts list for it whatsoever. It's not that old being produced in the late 1980s.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh yes ! I received my vintage chrono´s.

You are right, the movements are RH 50-51-52. Apparently there are no parts available for this movement but hopefully a creative watchmaker can keep them running or refurbish essential bits.

I guess the first generation where delivered in three colours: black, blue and red.
470.513 blue
471.513 black
472.513 red
On photographs the red is easily being mistaken, although I think on the press photo it is to orange to be interpreted as red. I also noticed that on the press photo the hands are black as on my red watches they are white.

Here some pics for those who can appreciate this vintage version.

I hope I can keep them in good knick and keep them running :)

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts