WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Sinn Moderator
9,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Tag F1 Calibre 5 arrived today. After sizing the bracelet it has been on my wrist ever since. I owned a quartz Tag back in the 90's which I wore and enjoyed for almost 10 years before selling it. This is my second Tag. I was attracted to the watch because of the nice 41mm case size and I liked the looks of the clean crisp white dial with the black outlined raised makers and hands. The red lettering for Calibre 5 and the tip of the second hand sets it all off, IMHO. No question about it for me, this watch will see a lot of wrist time! :-!

·
Registered
926 Posts
My Tag F1 Calibre 5 arrived today. After sizing the bracelet it has been on my wrist ever since. I owned a quartz Tag back in the 90's which I wore and enjoyed for almost 10 years before selling it. This is my second Tag. I was attracted to the watch because of the nice 41mm case size and I liked the looks of the clean crisp white dial with the black outlined raised makers and hands. The red lettering for Calibre 5 and the tip of the second hand sets it all off, IMHO. No question about it for me, this watch will see a lot of wrist time! :-!

Nice catch. Wear your Formula 1 in the best of health.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Very nice, my first ever brand new watch purchase was a F1 quartz chrono years ago. i still remember it as if it happened yesterday.

·
Registered
134 Posts
That's a very nice looking watch . . . I like a little lettering on the dial (quite a few don't). Tag has a winner with the white dial for sure . .

·
Registered
732 Posts
Congrats! Mine says hi:

TAG.jpg

Reactions: gaopa

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Nice! I have a soft spot for watches with a splash of red. Nice contrast. I am new here and have to say you have got a great community here and hope to contribute

·
Registered
1,692 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
What a very nice watch! Was it difficult for you guys to make a decision between the white or black dial??

·
Sinn Moderator
9,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What a very nice watch! Was it difficult for you guys to make a decision between the white or black dial??
For me, the white dial was love at first sight! I like the black dial one, but I have way too many watches with black dials.

·
Registered
77 Posts
For me personally no, as it was a complete impulse buy! I went in to the AD to buy the black Quartz model and decided to get the automatic instead; they only happened to have the white face in the Calibre 5 so I went with the flow. I'm glad I did as all of my other watch dials are black so it makes for a nice change...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Thanks for the replys gaopa and Dan! Don't you guys think the white is too white? (or eventually get boring?) Because there is no texture to break it a little bit.

·
Sinn Moderator
9,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the replys gaopa and Dan! Don't you guys think the white is too white? (or eventually get boring?) Because there is no texture to break it a little bit.
I like the crisp look of the stark white dial, the raised indices and the contrasting black and red splashes of color. This watch has such a clean and fresh look that I don't think I will get bored with it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thought I'd share some more photos of the white dial version.

Attachments

·
Registered
732 Posts
I have to say, the white looks great. I went with black because...well...it's actually my only black-dial watch!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts