WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine wanted me to post some pictures of this Tag Heuer Formula 1 I picked up a few months ago and I thought I would post my thoughts on it as well in a small review. I bought this watch mostly because I stumbled across it and thought it was a great deal, and I specifically wanted to ad another quartz watch to my collection. White I do favor mechanical watches in general I don't have this inherent dislike for quartz watches like a lot of watch enthusiasts do.. During my time with this watch I have grown to really quite like it, more so than some watches in my collection from more prestigious brands that cost 10 times the cost of this watch. This watch has helped me figure out what really makes a 'work' for me..

I have a 6.75" wrist first off... I don't know if its particularly flat like I have seen some guys write about but for my tastes its small. Early on I had some very large watches that have all since been move on because I grew tired of the size, the awkward height of the watch sitting atop my small wrist.. this watch for me fits what a sports watch should look like on my wrist.

Its 41mm diameter, and with a chunky bezel look like a proper sports watch, yet its barely 11mm high and the only 44.5mm lug to lug make the watch wear extremely well on my wrist. The bracelet extends out and wraps around my wrist - the watch sits nicely against my wrist and doesn't feel "tippy" at all..

Being this is a quartz watch I quite like the fact that the seconds hand is in a smaller dial at 3 o'clock - rather than seeing the large seconds hand ticking around the entire face of the watch. The Alarm complication is mildly useful - more so that a chronograph for myself.. I like the large date window at 6 o'clock - not only does it look nice and symmetrical but its also extremely useful making the date nice and easy to see at a glance. I also find the colored logo adds a certain charm.

When combining the size, and the way the watch looks on my wrist with the interesting feature set it has this watch is an absolute winner in my books. Tag Heuer also makes some mechanical versions in the same size case if you really can't do a quartz.

A great option for the small wrist'ed who are conscious of size.

DSCF0527.jpg
DSCF0528.jpg
DSCF0529.jpg
DSCF0530.jpg

·
Registered
390 Posts
I'm going to forward this review to a buddy of mine. he's looking at so many tag f1's his head is spinning.

Cheers.

·
Banned
135 Posts
Nice review i am glad i now have an idea on how well this would fit on my wrist as i have a slightly big wrist, I'm a big tag fan.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Good looking watch!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts