WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm generally all about military and pilots' watches (hence my nick) and my daily wearer is a Sinn 356 Flieger, but I've recently taken to divers in a pretty big way. Right now I have a Seiko SKX007 on a nice heavy oyster bracelet but I'm looking to add to the diver herd.

I have a chance to grab a TAG Heuer Spirotechnique locally from my watchmaker. It's in reasonable shape but has a few issues, notably crown and crown tube (unavailable from TAG, natch). The dial and bezel are very nice though and it has the original signed bracelet. Pricetag is $500.

The other shortlist candidate is a Glycine Combat diver, black dial and orange hands. You can find them all over the place, on rubber, for about the same price as the TAG - $500.

So the TAG has a few things going for it. I like the brand and the Spiro is a relatively rare piece. On the downside it's not perfect, and not likely ever will be since replacement parts are unavailable from TAG Heuer. On the other hand the Glycine is also cool, I like that brand as well, and being brand new it should have no problems or issues. However it's not a "collector" watch like the TAG.

So... thoughts?

Cheers and happy holidays to all!

d.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Seem to remember something about Auricoste still selling parts for their version of the Spirotechinque which is the same watch as the Tag. Those parts will fit your Tag. I think.
Hard to get a hold of them unless you know French. I think you have to call them.
I may be wrong but I seem to remember..... :-s
And $500. Seems like a pretty good deal for a rare piece like that.

·
Registered
439 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts