WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

this is my first post on a forum so bare with me please, iv got a few questions i would like to ask...

I am looking to buy a Tag Heuer WAN2110 BLACK timepiece

1. i live near a Tag ...... authorised shop ( york ) and i was just wondering if i should wait a few months for this watch to be discontinued, if anyone knows how long this watch will be in the Aquaracer range for please let me know so i know if i should wait or not?

2. how much discount do you think i could get on this watch currently and in the next few months?

3. does anyone have this watch and recommend it to someone with a 7" wrist and recommend this watch in general?

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
That watch has been a fixture in the Aquaracer lineup for quite awhile. It was recently updated so i have no reason to believe it will be discontinued. Waiting a few months may backfire as TAG's prices go up about twice a year.

If you want the watch, buy it. I wouldn't worry about if it will be discontinued. Besides, it's a classic look that will always be in style.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I recently got mine and loving it to bits! My take is if you want it, just get it as I feel that a watch being discontinued or not is not an important factor at all. Yes though it's launched in 2011, it's still a very nice and current piece so I'd say go for it, and usually AD's have better discounts too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you all for your responce,

i love this watch and have my heart set out on it, iv been in contact with Tag and they offered me £1400 for the watch..

after shopping around i found the watch for cheaper

Tag Heuer Aquaracer Automatic | wan2110.ba0822

my question is how much do you think i will be able to get off the price of the watch from Tag themselves or should i look at Authorised Dealers?

sorry for all the questions im a rookie

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
thank you all for your responce,

i love this watch and have my heart set out on it, iv been in contact with Tag and they offered me £1400 for the watch..

after shopping around i found the watch for cheaper
Tag Heuer Aquaracer Automatic | wan2110.ba0822

my question is how much do you think i will be able to get off the price of the watch from Tag themselves or should i look at Authorised Dealers?

sorry for all the questions im a rookie
Get it from AD. I got mine at S$2465 (£1284) after a 15% discount. I'm also not sure if I got it at a good price, but definitely cheaper than the boutiques.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Remember if you are getting it from an AD, It should be a jewelry AD and not a department store to get the best deal. Department stores usually have less flexlibility in pricing.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Get it from AD. I got mine at S$2465 (£1284) after a 15% discount. I'm also not sure if I got it at a good price, but definitely cheaper than the boutiques.
seems like prices are pretty similar between Malaysia and Singapore... its selling for RM6800 before discount (15%) (should be around £1180 after discount) either in Tag Boutiques or ADs

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
seems like prices are pretty similar between Malaysia and Singapore... its selling for RM6800 before discount (15%) (should be around £1180 after discount) either in Tag Boutiques or ADs
Thanks for the info but I suppose Malaysia still sells cheaper than here in Singapore.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I know everyone recommends buying from ADs, but I purchased my WAN2111 (Blue) on eBay for $1100 and it was IMO a great buy. Not a single scratch on the case/bracelet, but was obviously sitting for many months, so the oil inside was slightly thick, causing the movement to run a little slow. After $75 to do a little servicing, it's at nearly 100%. For watches that are under $5000, i would personally go for the cheapest option, as I could, for example, buy two Aquaracer's for the price of a single one at an AD.

·
Registered
14,861 Posts
So many fakes floating around eBay. Sometimes you get lucky. But you're always taking a risk buying from what is essentially the world's largest flea market. Buying from an AD means peace of mind. The con-men have gotten very sophisticated over the past several years.

·
Registered
63 Posts
So many fakes floating around eBay. Sometimes you get lucky. But you're always taking a risk buying from what is essentially the world's largest flea market. Buying from an AD means peace of mind. The con-men have gotten very sophisticated over the past several years.
I don't think there are any fakes of this model yet. If there are, please post pics!

I've seen the WAN2110 going brand new for $1425 from NY. There's also one from Brooklyn at $1299. You can get one used on eBay for well under $800 if you are patient.

·
Registered
14,861 Posts
I don't think there are any fakes of this model yet. If there are, please post pics!
One thing you quickly learn with this hobby is that if a model is popular, or even just the brand; there are fakes floating around. With TAG Heuer in particular, you're dealing with a watch brand that is easily the 2nd most recognized by the General Public. (Yes, even ahead of Omega.) I've seen fake Timex, fake G-shock (and I mean a basic 5600 model that a real one retails for only $50), fake Invicta (as incredibly odd as that seems), fake Tissot (somewhat known by the watch-buying public but no where as popular as TAG Heuer). And very recently, a fake Bremont. That's what happens when a young brand starts becoming a bit popular.

The WAN2110 is a popular model from a very popular brand. You will find fakes of it out there, very easily. Thing is, it's against the rules to discuss fakes in an in-depth manner. And posting a pic. from a site that sells them would definitely fall under that heading. I'll just say that there are certain "replica" sites out there (mainly from China) that sell popular models from all sorts of various watch brands. And not one of those models is legit.

Literally, other than the smallest of micro-brands that has just recently come unto the scene, every model you can imagine from any watch brand has been faked.

As far as good deals on real watches go, there are certain well-established and recognized grey-market online shops. There's only about a handful, and even then you're going to deal with various issues. Plus, due to having a solid reputation, you can get a deal from them. However not as much of a discount because you still end up paying a premium for peace of mind, but with other potential issues involved that you'd likely encounter going grey-market anyway.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts