WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I'm assuming all the hodinkee bashing makes someone more of a WIS?

Anyway - they have had some good to great collaborations. The resell value is too high which is disappointing. But he Oris, Blancpain and previous Tag collars have been spot on. Interested to see what they come up with. Worth a flip if anything.

·
Registered
6,668 Posts
In the town where I grew up the word "Tag" was synonymous with fake watch. "Heuer" was how we pronounced the word for a woman of ill repute.

Put those two together and it pretty much describes what I think of Hodinkee today.

Reactions: Age_of_Surfaces

·
Registered
26,600 Posts
It is a nice looking watch, I would like one, but then again I would like an Eagle E type convertible as well.

Will it be ridiculously expensive because Ben has had an input....yes.

Would I buy anything because it had a link to a internet watch blogger/influencer......no.

Reactions: One-Seventy

·
Registered
497 Posts
I like enjoy Hodinkee and for me, these re-imagining of past watches gives buyers a vintage style/look with modern materials/movements. PLUS as said previously, it keeps putting more watches out there. They create colaborations and watches people want as they sell out quite quickly so business wise, it's smart. Old Heuers are great and although the past 20 years for TAG hasn't been kind, it's great to see them offering more vintage style options. Their re-issue Chronos are gorgeous.

·
Registered
497 Posts
It is a nice looking watch, I would like one, but then again I would like an Eagle E type convertible as well.

Will it be ridiculously expensive because Ben has had an input....yes.

Would I buy anything because it had a link to a internet watch blogger/influencer......no.
Love the EAGLE E-Type!

·
Registered
191 Posts
I’m guessing most on this forum whose knee jerk reaction is to criticize TH have never worn or even held one.

·
Registered
7,232 Posts
The reverse snobbery is off the charts here. Yeah, Hodinkee is pretentious AF, and it boggles my mind how everything they sell is a hit - but good for them for pulling it off.

Besides, the Hodinkee Skipper was one of the nicest releases in the past few years. Absolutely stunning.

If someone is unable to see past the Hodinkee or Tag hate to appreciate the Skipper, that's a reflection on their inability to evaluate things on their own merit. Lemmings gonna lemming.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
No, but admit it, there's plenty to hate. I enjoy hating Hodinkee, I'm glad it exists. In fact, I wonder if at least 50% of their content isn't an elaborate hoax.
The only content I’ve read has been reviews on watches I’m interested in. So, I can’t speak to their content.

What I can say is that if it’s good looking watch idc if it’s a collab with hodinkee or not.

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
There must be a really good reason for the jarring tricolour subdial that I don't understand.
Normally I would google it, but it really doesn't matter.

All I see is a watch somehow uglier than the Monaco from Tag. I didn't think it possible but here we are.

It's a no from me.
The tri-color subdial is traditional of yacht timers. Normally they have a 15 minute countdown, so regatta entrants can track the time between when the start horn sounds and when the yachts are permitted to cross the starting line, with each 5 minute interval having a different color for easy identification of approximate time remaining. The Skipperrara didn't have a countdown like the original Heuer model it's inspired by, but did retain the tri-color arrangement of the subdial.

·
Registered
14,140 Posts
I bet it's going to be really cool, like a Skipper, and sells out fast. If I was in a different financial position I'd pop for the 160 years Carrera:

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
If someone is unable to see past the Hodinkee or Tag hate to appreciate the Skipper, that's a reflection on their inability to evaluate things on their own merit. Lemmings gonna lemming.
I hated Hodinkee before anyone else. I'm like a kind of hate hipster. Lemmings are following me, baby.

·
Premium Member
1,903 Posts
My guess is an Aquaracer with a Hodinkee name on the dial at Rolex Sub price.
Thats what I see in Hodwinkee.

Reactions: brandon\

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
2447N reissue, but w/ black chapter ring?

Reactions: sirjohnk
21 - 40 of 86 Posts