WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
$7250, hmmm, I think that’s more expensive than any production tag chrono (excepting the tourbillon) I think? I have to give them props for building the flippers’ profit directly into the MSRP. I don’t see this having much room to run on the secondary market, are people gonna pay over $8k for a Tag (but, I’ve been wrong before - probably the majority of the time, TBH)?

·
Registered
601 Posts
$7250, hmmm, I think that’s more expensive than any production tag chrono (excepting the tourbillon) I think? I have to give them props for building the flippers’ profit directly into the MSRP. I don’t see this having much room to run on the secondary market, are people gonna pay over $8k for a Tag (but, I’ve been wrong before - probably the majority of the time, TBH)?
Oh there's room! Already going for $10k on the bay!

Reactions: Perseus and Jack646

·
Registered
14,140 Posts
I like it, but I prefer the 160yr Carrera, and the cal.11 Monaco, which are all less expensive and easy to get.

Does Hodinkee charge so much simply because they can?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Pretty clean and classic reissue. I bought one off the Tag website. I’ve been a big fan of the Dato. We’ll see how it looks in person, but worst case is Tag has a 30-day return policy.

Reactions: DJ-Swinger

·
Registered
335 Posts
I actually wanted one not to flip. Hit buy at 0800 was sold out by 0802 when I finished entering my freaking credit card info. To be fair I almost had a breath of relief when I realized I almost dropped almost 8k on it.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I had hopes. I don't hate Hodinkee, they serve a niche and they do have some excellent writers (Ben is NOT one of them) and they have had some hits with their limited editions (the aerospace 2 and the fifty fathoms bathy) but this one doesnt do it for me. Call me a sucker for symmetry but that dial feels so off balance. a bigger date might have helped. I know they are going for retro vibes but retro should sometimes stay retro (bell bottoms) for a reason.

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
Oh there's room! Already going for $10k on the bay!
Buy low, sell high!

Seiko boned the scalpers and flippers recently by re-launching a limited-run Alpinist with the same dial colour. Grey/flipper/non-bonder prices collapsed. All the speckies and investors went crazy and said they'd swore off Seiko forever. GOOD.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I actually wanted one not to flip. Hit buy at 0800 was sold out by 0802 when I finished entering my freaking credit card info. To be fair I almost had a breath of relief when I realized I almost dropped almost 8k on it.
It is still available on Tag's website. I wonder how many were allocated to Hodinkee versus how many are allocated to Tag's own website.

61 - 80 of 86 Posts