WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A question/opinion for some of you more experienced folks.
GENERALLY speaking which is a better watch for the money Tag Heuer or Oris? Not comparing specifics at this point.:thanks

revkb

· Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for all the input. don't worry i will never buy anything based on another person's opinion---they're like noses right? everyone should have one. you do seem to pay an inordinate amount for the tag prestige/branding. as long as one is aware of that--fine. i recently saw a 1 yr. old carrera (sic?) auto at watchseller for $1090. seemed like a good deal. it's already gone i believe. thanks again

revkb:thanks

· Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
thanks again for the input. regarding "subjectivity", "personal..."; i think objectivity is a near myth. our decisions (watches and all) are influenced by a wide range of factors. for instance--my head and my investigations tell ME that tag's are good watches but that the price reflects an inadvertant amount of marketing compared to oris--but i truly love the tag carrera line. deiselgeek is correct that comparing individual watches is more precise; the point of my thread was to gauge the WUS community's GENERAL take on the two brands. so far oris gets the cudos. thanks.

reverendkb

· Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
"Value for Money" is such a vague subjective term depending on so many emotional variables that a question based on it will only garner viewpoints colored by personal prejudice and tastes.

"GENERALLY speaking which is a better fruit for the money Apples or Oranges? Not comparing specifics at this point."

Frankly I prefer the Orange for the Vitamin C. But so many other people like the Apple! I don't understand it!
not to touch a raw exposed nerve. but my question was phrased as a general inquiry which is a valid tack to take. specific queries should be phrased as such. the hackneyed fruit comparison is never helpful. how old/fresh is each piece of fruit in the category (using category in it's technical/specific philosophical connotation). was it on sale? did the orange have seeds? you may eat the orange peel if you wish but i wouldn't recommend it. red or green apple? macintosh or gala? apples also have a negligible amount of vitamin c compared to oranges. is it wrong to compare the merits of quartz vs. auto vs. eco drive vs mechanical, i used to sell cars and toyota's (GENERALLY) are far better values than cadillacs. that said, i've always adored (SUBJECTIVELY) the look of a sparkling clean eldorado. ciao

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.